Webuyanycar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
They are the very definition of the middle man... If you're willing to accept that you will NOT get the most money and you just want rid, sure. But if you're after top money. Forget it...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Brother used them to sell his newish Fiat Panda station car when he retired.

All I know is he was happy with the online quote which they honoured when he turned up.

Landsurfer

Veteran
We have sold 3 Isuzu pick up trucks through WBAC in the last 18 months .... we where surprised at the money offered ..considerably more than offered by dealers in trade in deals .... throughly recommend them ....
Although ......
We're pretty sure we saw one of them driving through the Libyan desert with a heavy machine gun on the back a few months later .........

RichardB

Slightly retro
I was offered £60 for my old Nissan, which I declined and promtly sold it on Gumtree for £450.

To be fair, that's not surprising. Sub-£500 cars don't make money for anyone, and WBAC are in business to make money. The £60 offer was their way of saying that there was no margin in it, and they didn't want to trade. You will always get the best price for a car like this with a private sale - ebay, Gumtree, or whatever. The car was worth £450 to someone, but not to WBAC. People I know who have had good offers from WBAC have been selling cars in the £5-10k range. My car was around £4k and the offer was £500 more than the dealer's trade-in price.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
They are what they are - an easy vehicle to sell your vehicle. They do this in order to make a profit, I understand, so you might not get the value that you personally ascribe to your car, but I believe that other methods of sale are available, should you be sufficiently arsed!

My own experience was pretty rubbish tbh, but gave me something to haggle as a px with the car dealer, who was able to match their valuation, so all fine.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I sold them my 19 year old car which I had run into the ground and was pleasantly surprised by the offer, which was more than similar cars in Autotrader. No issues at all when I delivered it to them. All they wanted to check was that it started and had four wheels. I’d use them again.

I never had a problem selling my one and only car. Bought £650 sold for £800 18 months later. It was 30 years ago. I am fairly certain it was autotrader (when selling). Bloke drove from Birmingham to Herefordshire to fetch it. It was for his wife. I don't think Reliant Kitten Estates fetch anymore today. So i would give autotrader a look.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Used them a few years ago when I was geting my current car. The final valuation was slightly less than the initial web offer, but they didn't knock as much off as I expeted at the physical inspection and it was still over 25% more than I'd been offered as a part exchange. Guaranteed quick sale, no hassle waiting for tyre kickers to turn up or not, no worries about waiting for cheques to clear/bounce or fake cash/bank drafts being handed over and it was only a 15 minute walk from dropping the old car off to where I was collecting my new one.

The only downside was that it took a week or two for the money to be transferred to my account, but this was all covered & explained at the inspection and when signing the paperwork.

D

Deleted member 23692

Just sold my mum's car (who lives 200 miles away) using https://motorway.co.uk/ and what a pleasant easy experience it was.

You give the details, take photos guided by their app and, after being given a guide rough price, the ad gets pushed out to a whole load of proper traders (inc main dealers). I got an offer back from a main dealer within within 2 days. They even arrange for the collect/delivery of the car (using www.wedelivercars.co.uk).

Dead easy, very professional and super organised

Cavalol

Guru
Incredibly picky, complained about one stone chip (I swear it was as good as invisible) on my 14 month old low mileage car. They also wanted to knock a few hundred off my niece's car because the EML was on. She rebooked the appointment and we used a fault code reader to knock the light out round the corner, it stayed off and they bought it!

They're owned by BCA, iirc, and are almost certainly going to offer bottom CAP (or less) for anything you take to them.

Skibird

We used them to sell a van as they offered much more than any dealership. Yes, they tried to knock a little off the price but we said 'no' we'll leave and they paid up the full quote price. We did keep checking their site over 2-3 weeks as prices fluctuate a lot on line, and as soon as a 'very good' price was offered we took them up on it, as they honour quotes for at least a week.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Incredibly picky, complained about one stone chip (I swear it was as good as invisible) on my 14 month old low mileage car. They also wanted to knock a few hundred off my niece's car because the EML was on. She rebooked the appointment and we used a fault code reader to knock the light out round the corner, it stayed off and they bought it!
Interesting juxtaposition of the two stories there, I thought :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member

They're owned by BCA, iirc, and are almost certainly going to offer bottom CAP (or less) for anything you take to them.

Why did you not knock the light out before going to them, buying and selling used cars is a big risk game where not every one pays off, it is the buyers job to limit risk. When they came to sell the car with the small stone chip it may well have put many purchasers off, hence the drop in price for it. Today's car paints do not touch in well, as I see it WBAC need paying for doing a job, they have huge overheads and these need to be taken into consideration.

Thinking about this again many of us may indirectly have shares in this company, I would hope they make a profit.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’ve sold to them twice but only old bangers worth less than £1000. It’s fast, easy and hassle free
I wouldn’t sell an expensive car via WBAC.
They are owned by British Car Auctions so 95% of the cars go straight into auction.

Cavalol

Guru
Why did you not knock the light out before going to them, buying and selling used cars is a big risk game where not every one pays off, it is the buyers job to limit risk. When they came to sell the car with the small stone chip it may well have put many purchasers off, hence the drop in price for it. Today's car paints do not touch in well, as I see it WBAC need paying for doing a job, they have huge overheads and these need to be taken into consideration.

Thinking about this again many of us may indirectly have shares in this company, I would hope they make a profit.

Because we hadn't even known she'd taken it there the first time until she told us.

Top Bottom