Wedding rings....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
simonali said:
My ring's all battered. Manual worker, you see.

Julian Clary! :biggrin::sad:

domtyler

Über Member
twowheelsgood said:
I got married 3 weeks ago but I 've worn my ring since it was given to me a year or so back. (keeps away evil spirits and more importantly in her eyes other women).

Being left handed though is a pain; it's already looking battered.

Duh! You're meant to give up wanking now you're married!!

friendlybike

ChrisKH said:
Honestly? No, not in my opinion. I loved my first girlfriend. I wasn't going to marry her. Or have kids with her. The marriage commitment is more than that, or should be. Marriage is about compromise but that isn't compromise it's capitulation. If you don't buy into the 'marriage thing' thing beforehand, you certainly won't when you're married. It's very fashionable these days to talk about marriage being just a piece of paper and real relationships not needing it, etc. but these people don't see any permanence in their current relationship and should be aware that real marriages have to be worked at. Getting married doesn't solve the problems in a relationship, if anything it compounds them and makes them bigger. You don't get married for a quieter life or just to keep someone happy.

That is so far the best thing I have read!!! I totally agree with it and it is really sad to hear people speak so unemontionally about marriage. I would wear a ring, not as a mean to keep other people off(that would not work in some cases anyway) or any other reason, I would just because it is something special that you share and have always with you from the most important one in your life.

friendlybike

domtyler said:
Duh! You're meant to give up wanking now you're married!!

Do Mrs. and Mr.(even less though...) read some of the posts here??? I do not think I would be very happy with my fresh new husband saying certain things... or hiding rigs away in pockets... :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
bianchi1 said:
Strange feeling isnt it. I took my ring into town on saturday to get it valued and decided to wear it as not to loose it. That felt strange i can tell you. I felt like I had gone back in time and felt very self conscious. Took it off in the end and put it on my keyring! Still, got offered 80 quid for it, not bad but was over 500 new. Still I guess the market for second hand wedding rings is not good!. What to do with the cash??

Yep, more of a horrible feeling than strange though.

I'm hoping the scrap value of the gold may higher than re-selling the ring as secondhand.

Pete

twowheelsgood said:
Being left handed though is a pain; it's already looking battered.
Something just occurred to me: if you're left-handed should you then wear the wedding ring on the right hand? Thought I'd read that somewhere.... If not - many cultures on mainland Europe seem to favour the wedding ring on the right hand anyway. Be aware of this if you're overseas trying for a date! :biggrin::wacko:

gbb

Legendary Member
simonali said:
My ring's all battered. Manual worker, you see.

Get 14 carat gold simon....its so much stronger.
Got a new one in Greece a few years ago, plain band, not particually expensive..maybe £70 .
I work in a workshop all day...hands on all day. It hasnt bent or twisted, its barely scratched and generally looks as good as new.

surfgurl

To me the issue of wearing a wedding ring is very personal. Mr Surf doesn't have one. That's cos we are very disorganised. We only bought mine four days before the wedding and couldn't get it together to buy him one too. I wear mine alongside my engagement ring.

simoncc

When my brother got married my dad was appalled that he was going to wear a wedding ring. He said that it was nearly as bad as a man having an earring or a tattoo, and that he was only grateful that my brother hadn't gone the whole hog and worn a nice diamond engagement ring as his wife-to be had done.

Maybe engagement rings for men will happen. After all, men didn't wear wedding rings years ago, and now many do.

Top Bottom