1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by barq, 7 Sep 2007.

1. barq

barq Senior Member

So we're nearly at the weekend. Does anyone have any interesting plans?

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

A nice family ride in the morning I think. Followed by an afternoon of mowing lawns and general tedious garden duties should the weather hold out.

3. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I'm off to a wedding in Dundee on Saturday. It will be the first time I am away from home since the birth of my second child (now coming up for 3 months!). My wife isn't coming due to the hassles of young kids at weddings.
    It is also our wedding anniversary this Saturday, (6th). So I am loosing brownie points there, and I will hardly know anyone at the wedding :biggrin:.

Still I will be able to get drunk and have the best sleep I have had in months!!:biggrin:

4. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

(to magnatom, above) Just try not to spoil it with a hangover! (Or indeed a legover!)
    :biggrin:

5. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Bikeathon Sunday and a chance to try out my new Allez Elite which I'm picking up in about 2 hours. Yay!

Hopefully it's not like getting new shoes that are pinching after 2 miles; the saddle does look a bit sharp at the edges.

6. Nothing special, its a leaving do (not mine!) tonight and its my nephews 6th birthday tomorrow. Apparently he wants a lock for his bike, so I've got him one of those ABUS ones for kids.

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

My boy has one of those! He loves it, and it's a pretty good lock.

Train them early...

8. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I wouldn't dream of it...:biggrin:

9. walker

walker New Member

Southern Sportive on Sunday, Other than that, putting the flat on the martket and working

10. graham56

graham56 Veteran

An early morning ride, then later out for a spin on the bike.:biggrin:

11. Amanda P

Amanda P The CycleChat user formerly known as Uncle Phil

A rehearsal for these gigs.

(Hey, you don't have to come, but the more of you that do, the more I'll get paid...)

And another rehearsal with another band for a wedding gig.

Sometimes I consider giving up music.

May see some sunshine somewhere if I'm lucky.

12. rob_mcp

rob_mcp New Member

Magnatom if your wedding aniversery is the 6th then unluckily you are already in the dog house as that was yesterday!

13. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I meant it was our 6th anniversary:rolleyes:.

I wouldn't dare forget it:ohmy:

14. OP
    OP
    barq

barq Senior Member

I'm off on a cross country ride early tomorrow morning. Then I'm going down a disused bomb shelter in the afternoon followed by a pub walk along the river. Not sure about Sunday - I'll probably need to do some work and finish my DIY attempts at decorating the kitchen.

15. longers

longers Veteran

It's Padfield Plum Fair this w/e so tomorrow I'm helping put up the marquee and sunday am I'm helping them get set up.

Sunday pm I'm going to run up Redgate with a sack of coal (probably). For fun!

Hope the weathers good.

Around this I've got loads of ironing for my hols and have to clean the house and walk the dog a lot.