Votes: 13 20.6%
  • £40

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • £50

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • £50+

Votes: 28 44.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've never kept a running note of what we're spending on groceries; I think it's working out about £30 a head a week roughly for the two of us.

Earlier in the week I commented to my wife I feel our grocery bill's creeping up a tad as over time. I think I might keep a closer eye on our grocery bills; I'm curious to see how much our grocery bills change over time.

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
I've thought about buying those prepared fancy home cooked meals and using the fresh food box deliveries as i'm also living alone since Nov but all of the services seem to have a minimum of 2-4 people so I've revert back to cooking fresh i did in the late 80s / 90s not only have i remembered its really not that hard but a lot of meals i can make for 2-4 and freeze portions and now i'm WFH i have at least 4 hours where i'm not in the car to prepare meals for the week, tomorrow i'm going to make a seafood pie, vegan pie, vegetable biryani and a veggie cottage pie.

Also before my COVID divorce my monthly food bill was £1.5-2k a month now its £50-60 a week and i cant remember the last item of food i threw away, i wasnt doing the shopping before :whistle:

That is a serious amount of money! Fillet steaks every night?

gbb

Legendary Member
Usually £50 for 2 of us for the main shop, but always need extras through the week.
I maxed out at £40 each but it's over £30 in reality...plus Sundays are always heavy on food...official support bubble visit (under 1 year old child) for dinner plus extras . Probably costs £20 for everything just on Sundays.

So braved it an totted it up to around £90 p/person p/week and that using the cheapest possible shops and saving every penny. Lost of the last 12 months hasn't allowed us to do our weekly shops in France and that has a pretty big impact as we can typically save 30% off that, maybe even more.

By good fortune io have to visit a customer in Chambéry on Tuesday (cross border business trips allowed) so may have to nip into a Carrefour:whistle:

Just been and done my fortnightly shop in Tesco this evening. Came to £71.25, but that included a pack of AAA batteries, a sudoku book and a tub of face cream for the parental unit and a few bits for a friend who asked me for some things she can't get in Sainsbury's.

So in the ballpark of what I posted upthread. :smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
About £50 each. I'm in charge of foraging for and consuming grog and it's on another budget. We use veggie boxes, a local butcher, and a few home deliveries, none of which are cheap here in west London. When we need to visit a supermarket, we use Waitrose at the moment. We've given up on Lidl and Tesco. The local one's seem to have frighteningly lax attitudes to Covid safety.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ours is somewhat variable. An online Waitrose order can be £80 for two people per week, but if I'm in Aldi (ah, those far-off days when going out was a thing...) I'd often get it down to £30 or less!

lane

Veteran
Don't think its more than £30 per head for two adults and two teenagers. Definitely less than £50 ahead or £200 a week, which seems avaerage but I would have thought was a lot.

Top Bottom