Weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, just under 200 lbs... :blush:
200 lbs would be a low weight for someone who was 6' 6" tall with a very muscular build! :okay:

I am 6' 1" and a medium build but I think I peaked at about 250 lbs! :blush::whistle:

(High 180s now and wanting to get back down to about 175 lbs = 12 st 7 lbs)

subaqua

What’s the point
currently at 118Kg . I was 128Kg on 1st July . I was 125Kg when i got back from Holiday mid august .

thats 7Kg in 7 Weeks 1kg a week , just a about perfect on the %age figures.

mainly by NOT drinking copious amounts of beer/alcohol in the week.

only problem is is that to get trousers to fit my thighs ( large and muscular - Yes really - best feature of me according to wifey) i need a size 42 waist. which is FOUR inches too big so i look like a tramp when i tighten the belt.

U

User6179

only problem is is that to get trousers to fit my thighs ( large and muscular - Yes really - best feature of me according to wifey) i need a size 42 waist. which is FOUR inches too big so i look like a tramp when i tighten the belt.

I am the same , I have lost 9 kg over last 9 weeks , waist size 42 to size 38 but my thighs are still 28 inches , my goal is to lose at least another 9 kg and get down to a 34 waist but I fear I will be cutting about in a pair of trousers from the MC Hammer range .
gold-mc-hammer-pants.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Crikey. The things you learn.

At my weight nadir I was 14 and a half stone - just over 200 pounds or 92 kilos. I just about managed to squeeze my waist into 38" trousers. Those trousers have been banished temporarily to the back of the wardrobe until I can lose the four-odd stone I've put on since then. I thought my frame was reasonably normal, but obviously not - I must genuinely be big-boned as well as over-weight.

Firestorm

Veteran
A year ago i was just over 100kg , and I got down to 78kg in about 9 months
Being diagnosed as type 1 diabetic i ditched most of the carbs , just having the odd small portion of root veg ( not potato) and uping the exercise
Hasnt moved much in the last 3 months , largely down to the odd bad diet day and missing training sessions, but my blood sugars are good
Going to up the exercise now , get the long sinday rides back in and a bit of jogging to see if i can shift that last 8 kg

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
A year ago i was just over 100kg , and I got down to 78kg in about 9 months
Being diagnosed as type 1 diabetic i ditched most of the carbs , just having the odd small portion of root veg ( not potato) and uping the exercise
Hasnt moved much in the last 3 months , largely down to the odd bad diet day and missing training sessions, but my blood sugars are good
Going to up the exercise now , get the long sinday rides back in and a bit of jogging to see if i can shift that last 8 kg
:hyper: Sounds like fun! Where do I sign up?

uclown2002

Guru
I thought my frame was reasonably normal, but obviously not - I must genuinely be big-boned as well as over-weight.
An over-used phrase!
"While a larger frame may account for a couple of pounds, she says, it’s definitely not getting you off the hook for an extra 30. “Most people’s weight is carried in their soft tissue — muscle, fatty tissue, their organs,” says Lajam, “so blaming extra weight on your bones is not accurate.” And she should know: While performing knee and hip replacements on overweight patients, she sees those bones firsthand. “One of my mentors would say: ‘I have seen your bones, and they’re not big...”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/03/are-you-big-boned-truth_n_6075706.html

U

User6179

I lost 1 lb this week; I suppose that's more like what I can expect!

Do you weight yourself at the same time each week , I find my weight fluctuates 2-3lb during the course of a day so I weight myself at the same time each week , first thing in the morning as I am always at my lightest then .

Top Bottom