Weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
A 100 pound person would only be aiming to lose 1 pound/week which makes more sense for a small person. (They would have to be very short though for any weight loss to be sensible!)
I don't think a 100 pound person needs to lose weight as it is already skinny.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't think a 100 pound person needs to lose weight as it is already skinny.
It is quite possible for someone not to be 'skinny' at 100 pounds (7 st 2 lbs) - IF THEY ARE SHORT ENOUGH!

I admit that very few people are that short but my sister just told me that she has a friend who is 4' 11" tall, weighs about 93 pounds (6 st 9 lbs) and is slim, rather than skinny. If she put 7 pounds on she might very well want to lose it again.

I have a friend who is 5' 1" who weighs 100 pounds and she thinks that is about the perfect weight for her. She lost weight through illness a couple of years ago and looked terribly skinny then.

My original point was actually that small people should only lose weight slowly - IF AT ALL!

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Well, I have 5lbs to go and I've lost a stone! And all I've done is cut out beer, meat and bread (all the stuff that makes life worth living).

:laugh:

Actually it's been fine, and I'm sure it's sustainable. 9lbs a month, or even half that, won't take me too long.

RudeNot2

Über Member
Has been inspiring reading through the previous posts and I can relate to various points all too well...

I have been battling with my weight for as long as I can remember. Having a goal to aim for, for me always helps and as such have signed up for a variety of cycling events next year. These vary from a few hours to multi-day trips. At my heaviest - approx four years ago - I was knocking on 19st +. Through attending / following Slimming World, I made it down to 15st in time for my 40th birthday. Between one thing and another since then it has crept back up to just below 16st. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to food. I know what I should be eating but invariably from time to time go off the rails and into complete binge mode.

The aim that I have in mind just now is to lose approx. a stone and a half in time for Etape Loch Ness and then maintain / lose a little more to get down to 14st in preparation for Etape Caledonia and other challenges..

I have done it before - and will again - PMA (for a change!!)

david k

Hi
Lost my first stone, it took two months of very minor cuts to bread, beer and snacks (and cutting out meat altogether). Hardly noticeable!

:becool:
I think this is the best way, rather than rapid weight loss, the body I'm to,d then tries harder to put it back on and it's difficult to maintain the dramatic diet that gave the weight loss, subtle changes, short but persistent weight loss should be more sustainable and long term

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I've lost 2 1/2 stone in 14 weeks and I feel brilliant. I'm still way over my target weight but I'm losing a couple of pounds a week without going what I'd consider 'full-on'. I'm so glad I got myself a bike because I honestly don't think I'd be losing as much weight if I didn't have it. I might do a few more miles after Christmas to see if I can get down to a round number but my aim is lose 40lbs in 26 weeks.

GOAB

albal

Guru
Lost 13 lb since November 1. Around 23lb to go, in no hurry but seems a couple of pounds a week feels amazing, considering I spent years driving around Europe eating everything. Six months of watching what I eat is the least I can do.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have just eaten half a packet of digestives and a huge dollop of ice cream which just goes to confirm I have a cold developing.

Top Bottom