weight query/?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martyn

How come?, that this yr have been doing 130 mls a wk, recently topping 270 mls one wk, weight has hit a roadblock, yet this week only covered 50 mls, lost 4 or 5 lbs??:wacko::smile:

yello

probably a number of possible reasons, I'll suggest a couple...

- after the big rides, you're ravenous and eating back the calories you've burned
- shorter rides maybe lower intensity and more like to burn fat

I've also read (I think it was greenbank of this parish) something like the actual weight loss doesn't occur until the week(s) following the big rides, something like the body kind of going into siege mode immediately following a big ride and hoarding in case you go and do it again, then the weight loss occurs when things have settled and the calorie burn needs/pattern is established

Bigtwin

4 or 5 pounds is a big poo and some dehydration.

You need to get some body lard monitoring scales that give you a dripping percentage figure to track fat loss (bearing in mind that fat and weight loss are not the same thing).

jimboalee

Bigtwin said:
4 or 5 pounds is a big poo and some dehydration.

You need to get some body lard monitoring scales that give you a dripping percentage figure to track fat loss (bearing in mind that fat and weight loss are not the same thing).

The 'body lard monitor' scales are hopeless if you are in a variable state of dehydration.
The way to go is 'Slimguide' calipers.
NB, fluctuations in fat% are 48 hours in retard.

I agree with the "ravenous' comment. The slow short ride is better for control of hunger.

And there is "Will power". Riders with only a small amount of this tend to be lardy and weak. :smile:

Top Bottom