Well Done Inter!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Great to see Inter beat Barca and reach the Champions League Final.

All this "Beautiful game" bollox bores me to tears. Nothing is more admirable than watching a cynical, injury feigning, defensive team of pragmatists get one over on a bunch of fragile ball playing Fancy-Dans ;)

mangaman

Hey Smoking Joe - I had recorded that and was about to watch it :tongue:

Never mind - I was hoping Inter would do it so I'll watch it anyway ;)

mangaman

BTW where do you think "The Special One" will end up.

He seems to dislike Italian football and the Italian press seem to dislike him, but I can't see him tolerating Real Madrid, unless he has absolute control and the president backs off (which has never happened)

Maybe Barcalona or even back to England. (Man City maybe)

I suppose if he wins the CL even the Italians will forgive him and persuade him to stay?

darkstar

That was certainly a goal near the end, no way was that hand ball. Inter were full of the old tricks today weren't they, time wasting at every opportunity etc

The final should be a tasty encounter, would have rather Barca be in it though tbh.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
roll on Jose.. would love to see him win the CL again. English football misses Jose and Jose misses English football. Man Utd or Liverspuds will be his next call imo. One more season for old red nose and he is done..Fatty Benitez is just a joke. One of the jobs will be Jose's

mangaman

ianrauk said:
roll on Jose.. would love to see him win the CL again. English football misses Jose and Jose misses English football. Man Utd or Liverspuds will be his next call imo. One more season for old red nose and he is done..Fatty Benitez is just a joke. One of the jobs will be Jose's

I think he'd want serious money though Ian and Liverpool can't offer that.

He's already taken Porto and won the CL with limited resources.

Now he can pretty much name his price in terms of salary and transfer budget and I doubt Liverpool or even Man U can match that.

Man City are probably the only team that can in the UK

U

User169

Smokin Joe said:
Great to see Inter beat Barca and reach the Champions League Final.

All this "Beautiful game" bollox bores me to tears. Nothing is more admirable than watching a cynical, injury feigning, defensive team of pragmatists get one over on a bunch of fragile ball playing Fancy-Dans :wacko:

Absolutely. Barca's tiresome smugness makes it all the more enjoyable when they lose.

Keith Oates

Janner
I think he's unlikely to go to Liverpool as the financial thuggery of those two Americans have dealt Liverpool such a blow they may never overcome the debts and be able to afford a good manager or players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
When Inter were reduced to ten men Mourinho was beside himself, burning up with a kind of delirious grace. At that moment I thought 'shoot, he's going to do it', and f**k me, he did do it. His team played ugly, but they also worked like maniacs. And there is something very grand about players playing against a far better team but still thinking 'we will prevail'.

Mourinho is a kind of fetish. His posturing removes apprehension and uncertainty from his players. Eto'o has been reborn at Inter - he'd never have played left back at Barcelona, where he just wafted around

Barcelona reminded me of the Tories. They thought they had a god-given right to win (and after the disgraceful refereeing last year that got them to the final, you can see their point) and when it didn't happen for them they were incensed. Hah!

mangaman

dellzeqq said:
When Inter were reduced to ten men Mourinho was beside himself, burning up with a kind of delirious grace. At that moment I thought 'shoot, he's going to do it', and f**k me, he did do it. His team played ugly, but they also worked like maniacs. And there is something very grand about players playing against a far better team but still thinking 'we will prevail'.

Mourinho is a kind of fetish. His posturing removes apprehension and uncertainty from his players. Eto'o has been reborn at Inter - he'd never have played left back at Barcelona, where he just wafted around

Barcelona reminded me of the Tories. They thought they had a god-given right to win (and after the disgraceful refereeing last year that got them to the final, you can see their point) and when it didn't happen for them they were incensed. Hah!

Just finished watcing it.

I agree about Mourinho - he really can improve the way his players's play.

Most managers say - I pick the best side, but once they cross the white line it's all up to them. Jose seems to have some sort of presence which transcendes that. And he's repeated it at Porto / Chelsea and Inter so it's obiously something in his make up.

I like your comparison of Barca (who are overrrated - they just have a good team at the moment and last year's semi-final was a disgrace) and the Tories, although Labour probably need Moriniho's managerial skills to win this election!

By the way I don't think it was handball when Barca got the late "goal" and the whistle went well before the ball went in, so Inter won fair and square.

darkstar

mangaman said:
By the way I don't think it was handball when Barca got the late "goal" and the whistle went well before the ball went in, so Inter won fair and square.
You can't claim the players actually heard the whistle can you? Play carried on as per usual from what i saw, then was bought back to the alleged hand ball ;)

As for the tories and Barca, well I'm a fan of both so looks like I'm the odd one out :biggrin:

mangaman

I don't know - was the player deaf? ;)

The whistle went when the handball occurred. Anything that happened after is irrelevant

Top Bottom