1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well i went to my LBS

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by wee_lass, 22 Jun 2008.

1. wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

How much did you want to spend and for what purpose?

If it's just for road riding and cycle tracks, and unless you want to do some mountina biking, this is way better IMO for that price-

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1_productId_240389_langId_-1_categoryId_60955

3. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

4. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

yeh i looked at that one also in halfords, i always hate halfords tho coz its always seems to be boys who look around 12 that work their. so have not yet tried that one. It comes in 16" i think which wld maybe be ok.

5. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Veteran

6. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

bike is mainly for tow paths, trails etc. and preferably able to fit a front bike seat on to.

my bikeseat has a metal bar that attatches to the seatpost, and over to the handle bars, then it secures to that.

He said he thought those seats were outlawed in the UK now??

7. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

8. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

something similar to that

9. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Your Weeride? No, they're not outlawed. That's strange advice.

the Carrera Subway is one of a few ligitimate reasons to go into Halfords. My wife has one. She's 5"1, and loves it.

10. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

yeh i prefer it actually to the rear seat, coz if the kid is behinde u, then u can't see them, and can't really talk to them either,

this way he can see where he is going, i can see him, and i can talk to him along the way.

just thought with him sayin they were outlawed mayby the rear seats are safer in some way? i have a rear seat also.

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

We have a Weeride. The boys are too big for it now. I prefer it to rear seats, but hated having that heavy steel bracket attached to the bike all the time.

I, and the boys, liked it because they could see where they were going, I felt they were safer inside my arms, we could talk properly and they could fall asleep comfortably.

12. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

ok thanx.

13. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I'd run away from the LBS. Sounds as if he is strong on the BS but not in the sense you mean...;):blush:

14. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

ah thats why i am glad i have u guys for extra advice.

must try to brave Halfords some day and ask one of those 12 yr olds to get a bike out for me to try.

P.S no offence meant to anyone who may work in halfords ;)

15. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I don't know if anyone else has found this, but I've discovered that it's pretty common for LBS staff to pour scorn on or claim danger of anything that they don't stock themselves.