"Well, *that* was a let-down."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah. Well The Matrix took me by surprise. I missed the hype completely, 100%, totally. Off the radar it was. Watched it in a friends with no intro from him and was blown away. Several years later, it blew my kids away too. :ohmy:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Eyes Wide Shut....a apt description of my state during another sleep catch up session at the cinema.

What was that film about?

Have to agree with Blair Witch - fell asleep in that...

The English Patient was a nightmare as well, and it was far longer than 90 minutes! Everybody seemed to love it, I thought it was the most boring film ever!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I probably try not to see most of the ones people haven't liked here - apart from Blade Runner which is one of my absolutely favourite movies - beautiful, dark, almost perfect in every way. Sure, it isn't Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - it makes no attempt at the black comedy that is so characteristic of PKD - but people who expect movies to be somehow the same as a book are always going to be disappointed. They aren't the same things. Blade Runner is a wonderful thing in itself regardless. I liked Pulp Fiction too - not a great move but very enjoyable.

However some films make me angry because they feel false, dishonest or pretentious. The last films that made me feel this way were Couscous (Le Grain et Le Mullet) and Almodovar's Bad Education (Mala Educacion).

Argh. Sideways. ;):tired::smile::blush:
As dull as the dullest thing you can imagine, multiplied by beige and styled by Gap. I finally gave up with about half an hour to go. Baggy watched it to the end and gave me a run down of the highlights. Took all of five seconds.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've never walked out of a movie at the cinema, after-all you've paid your money you might as well take advantage of their heating and a comfy chair for a kip.
I have walked out of a theatre show (The Boyfriend at Wimbledon) and turned many a DVD off though.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Chuffy said:
Argh. Sideways. ;):tired::smile::blush:

We obviously have nothing in common film-wise! You know what I'm going to say... Sideways was most enjoyable - intelligent, funny, and one of the few honest films about men I have seen. Plus Paul Giamatti is just great (he's even better in American Splendor). xx(

Keith Oates

Janner
The last time I went to a cinema was many years ago after my wife complained that I snored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWBNK

Vanilla sky. I went to see it in the afternoon before a night shift and found it wasn't exactly what I expected. Didn't enjoy it one little bit.

And then even worse, on that very same night we were quiet and I found myself watching the original film on channel 4 and a morbid kind of fascination overtook me. Was the remake or the original film any better?

I couldn't believe that I had put myself through it twice.

Top Bottom