"Well, *that* was a let-down."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The 'films you've never seen' thread set me thinking about those ones you *have* seen, after critics/friends have raved, and you end up thinking 'well there's 90 minutes of my life I'm never going to get back'.

Everyone raved about Edward Scissorhands, eg, but I hated it.

I liked Saturday Night Fever - bought a pair of white trousers and black shirt on the back of that...:smile::biggrin:

derall

Guru
Titanic.

Didn't put it in the 'never seen' thread because I went to see it. Managed to endure the first twenty minutes or so. Boring beyond belief. Walked out.

To be serious for a second or two, I have 'a feeling' about The Reader - Katy Windswept's recent film. I read the book a few years ago and thought it was a good read - I'm going nowhere near the film despite the write ups etc.
I'll cope with my imagination.:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Snakes on a plane... I knew it was going to cr@p, but thought it might be good cr@p, but it was just cr@p cr@p :smile:

Also "This Is England"... I love all the ska music/fashions etc of that era, but I think they got parts of it wrong, just wrong. And that kid was just too young for it to be believable.

tyred

Legendary Member
Have to agree about Titanic. I'm not much of a film fan but I went to see this with a few friends. So much hype and boring rubbish IMO. Made worse by the fact that you knew what was going to happen at the end!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've seen more films on long haul flights than in the cinema in the last 5 years so I haven't walked out of many. It's where I watched Harry Potter and the Crock of Sh*te.

merlinmagic

Quadraphenia. Used to work with a guy who raved about it. I thought it was rubbish.

Atonement. Mrs Merlin and I sat through it on DVD and promptly both of us fell asleep on it. It was supposed to be a really good film I thought it was garbage still to this day don't know what it's all about.

Top Bottom