Well, that's me off my bike for a while III

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ouch. Get well soon. As you said, techniques are great nowadays - my dad smoked, drank had a heart attack following by air ambulance and an operation to fit a stent and made a quick and full recovery, so here's hoping an otherwise fit and healthy person will find it the same!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
All the best get well soon

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm 46. Technically overweight at 254lbs and 6'3", but I'm a 54" chest and 34" waist (reformed body builder turned lifter) so I'm not especially lardy.

Not going to be lifting for a while so gonna let the bulk drop to a more manageable 225-230 until I'm well enough to start moving brother iron and sister steel.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm glad you did the right thing, sought help, and got treated before something worse happened! I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery.

Too many people (including me!) wait far too long before seeking medical attention.

[QUOTE 3549869, member: 9609"]
I actually was considering this the other week, had been off the bike for nearly 7 weeks and had put on a couple of stone (13 - 15st) at 52 and overweight I made a conscience decision to keep of big hills for the first week. Have been out 6 times over last 2 weeks and done 130 mile, was considering a proper ride the morn, but you have now got me worried.
[/QUOTE]
I think you are far more likely to be harmed by inactivity and being overweight than by working hard to get slim! Listen to your body and don't overdo it - exhausted after a hard ride is okay, but conking out halfway round is a hint that you are trying too hard!

Top Bottom