Well, that's me off my bike for a while III

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
A huge thanks to all the staff at the KGH Cardiac unit. Every single one was clearly dedicated to the patients. It's a chuffing disgrace that such valuable and committed people are paid peanuts while professional footballers who bring nothing to society earn gazillions. The world has gone truly mad.

Don't forget the lab staff :whistle:

But on a serious note, that sounds scary. Good job you had a good level of fitness to start with or I'm guessing it could have been much worse. Here's hoping you make a full and frank recovery. :hugs:

Sara_H

Guru
Crikey, puts my whinging abou a snotty cold into perspective.

Recover quickly x

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Just had a visit from the boss. Seems I got mentioned in dispatches in yesterday's morning briefing, but by this morning none of them could remember my name.

My Boss was pretty cool. Fortunately I keep my paperwork and desk meticulous so he only needed a brief update on one investigation I'm running. Other than that he doesn't want me back until I'm properly mended.

He had a theory though. He reckons I've suffered a blocked artery from exhaust fumes where I've been running my truck on vegetable oil. I think he was joking.

U

User6179

GWS buddy , my friend had it happen to him about 8 years ago at 35 , he was very anxious for a couple weeks afterwards but apart from that he has been fine since :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
GWS @Drago.
I have heard of a bad stomach feeling being a heart attack. When Hubster had chronic indigestion that just wouldn't go away, and mentioned it to the transplant unit, they hauled him in PDQ. Gaviscon sorted him though, it was indigestion. The doc there gave us a good talk on the many symptoms.
Rest properly and take the pills and you will be back to normal in no time. Any idea what caused it?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Jings. GWS

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh aye, I know how lucky I've been. They reckoned there wasn't a great deal wrong with me pump and pipework, which leaves stress, infection or some kind of inherent design fault in the olde ticker. GP this week and hopefully can find out more.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3551045, member: 9609"]not that there is any luck in having a heart attack, but I guess a mild one is a good warning, better that than waiting another few years and having a massive one.

My farther in law had a heart attack when he was 44, he died ...... 47 years later, changed his lifestyle, stopped working 16 hrs a day, packed in the drinking and smoking and never had any more bother, fit and healthy till the end, and it still wasn't the heart that got him aged 90.[/QUOTE]
If he died, how did he change his lifestyle? Do you mean he survived?

Ganymede

Veteran
Chuffing heck Drago, just saw this - well done for getting to the hospital and catching it in time. This happened to a former colleague of mine and you'll be pleased to hear that the end result was that he became a lot fitter and healthier - he was prescribed exercise and the beer gut dropped off him!

Good luck and get well soon.

Top Bottom