Well, that's me off my bike for a while III

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fantastic news. It must be a huge relief for you.

But I'm curious over the virus and antibiotics... ABs don't work on viruses only bacterial infections, I thought.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fantastic news. It must be a huge relief for you.

But I'm curious over the virus and antibiotics... ABs don't work on viruses only bacterial infections, I thought.
Unless the virus has allowed an opportunistic infection or there is a risk. I expect the doc may be using as prophylaxis if the ticker is weakened?

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Also just seen this, glad they caught it and hope everything moves in the best possible direction. Keep us up to speed with the recovery.

GWS. I've never heard of those type of symptoms before in regards to a heart attack. You were lucky indeed.

I've now heard them a few times over the last few weeks, it makes me wonder quite what they are going to find when I get my MRI date as it's something I've been suffering from on and off for the last 18 months or so, but has never been suggested as being heart related. I'd presumed it was trapped wind/indigestion and so have done nothing beyond gritting teeth and living with it, but there are suggestions my 'gritting teeth and living with it' threshold is quite high (I once crashed my motorbike heading to a long distance event, crushing my foot under the bike. My wife is positive I broke something in it, I kept the boot strapped on, fixed the bent bits of the bike and completed the 20 hour event. Then had to stay at a friends for a day because I couldn't get the boot back on when I'd finally removed it). When this hits I get pain for around 90 minutes, have no position I can be in that isn't excruciatingly painful and can barely walk. I have told people it's fortunate I don't own a gun... I lose all temperature control and go from cold sweats to unbearably hot. Often there's vomiting too. I've had my digestive system and throat looked at a lot (Barium Swallow, 24 hour PH test, Gastroscopy) none of which has shown any obvious problems, and am on Ranitidine and Omeprazole for it, neither of which are stopping the attacks which are roughly 6 weeks apart. Having mentioned occasional tightening of the chest and a bit of pain I was sent to Cardiology, as mentioned elsewhere I'm now also on Bisoprolol and thanks to an atypical Echocardiogram am awaiting the MRI mentioned above. The doctor is looking for signs of a previous heart attack, and mentioned while the ECG came up fine he didn't feel he was getting the figures he should for someone at my level of activity (healthy-ish but could do better).

While I'm still sceptical of jumping to conclusions from reading the 'net I am starting to wonder now.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Did she say virus specifically or infection and you assume virus? But there could be both quite easily. Worth ringing her secretary who will be able to confirm it for you over the phone, if it concerns you that is.

If can't really remember. I got the missus to come in to see the doc with me cos I knew I wasn't in a good enough state to pay attention, so I'll quiz her later.

It doesn't concern me. I'm just one of those nosey buggers that likes to know everything about everything.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
If can't really remember. I got the missus to come in to see the doc with me cos I knew I wasn't in a good enough state to pay attention, so I'll quiz her later.

It doesn't concern me. I'm just one of those nosey buggers that likes to know everything about everything.
This is me, if I need something remembered I take the wife along, She despairs when I come back from a consultation and can't answer half the stuff she wants to know.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Oh aye, I know how lucky I've been. They reckoned there wasn't a great deal wrong with me pump and pipework, which leaves stress, infection or some kind of inherent design fault in the olde ticker. GP this week and hopefully can find out more.
I hear you, i have an irregular ECG and at medicals i keep being asked if i have dizzy spells.

Yes, was the WPF open event in Farnborough. I was in no way expecting to qualify as my bench press has always been weak, but was planning it as a chance to gauge where I was at. Not now methinks.
I should have mentioned when I asked if that's where you were competing, the reason I asked is , that I am going there this weekend to spectate, my son is in the under 23 sub 90kg class. He also complains his bench press is weak. Oh well if you compete again you may run into him. Again GWS.

Top Bottom