Well, that's me off my bike for a while III

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
You could sit at your computer and order some more mankinis - summer's on it's way!
I reckon it was the mankini being too tight that didn't help in the first place.

On a slightly more serious note, @Drago when a bloke at work had a minor heart attack he took a look at the critical illness cover on his mortgage, one of the conditions that it paid out on was listed word for word on his hospital release notes.

Happy days for him. :smile:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Mortgage got paid when Woman took Ill health retirement. As well as her pension commutation she was very well insured, so did ok.

The Fed have been in contact and the subject has been raised, but I'd really like to get back to work. Not only do I want to work, the best financial scenario is if I can get my full 30 under my belt, though if I had to go I'd not have much to complain about.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Woke up today feeling frankly pretty sheet. I think I'm coming down with man-flu. Not surprising, as my 18 yea old has she-bola, so it was just a matter of time before the rest of the household went down with it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Heard about the man who wanted to lose weight ? Its because his moob swings were to much :laugh:

Hope it all goes well and you get onto the road to good health asap .

Wobblers

Euthermic
And off to the Docs today feeling fighting fit and ready to arm.wrestle The Mountain... only for the Doc to sign me off for another 2 weeks :sad: Got to up my exercise to a gentle walk daily of a minimum 30 mins, but nothing strenuous. If nowt untoward happens by the next appt they'll let.me.go back to work. Huzzah!

Holy s^&t! I never realised you'd had a heart attack. Good to hear that it wasn't any more serious. I suspect the quacks will soon have you back on the bike - it's excellent therapy for cardiac rehabilitation. I'm guessing that they have you on so many statins that you now rattle?

PS: Stuff the tandem, get yourself an electric bike complete with blue lights!

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Only just seen this, GWS. Its a subject close to me because my dad died of a heart attack a few years back now, his first warning was his last. Dont hurry to do stuff, take your time and dont overdo it.

Glad your still with us

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
An update for you.

After numerous blood tests and numerous examinations it looks like the whole episode was set off by an attack of acute pancreatitis, which seems to now have settled down into chronic pancreatitis. Lovely. Back in Hossy Friday morning for more poking and prodding.

Meanwhile, still not back on a bike.

Top Bottom