Well, that's me off my bike for a while III

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks guys. .now can't sleep, so here I am at 5.30am reading cycle chat.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh, one funny moment springs to mind. Being a cyclist I've got.a moderately low pulse at around 60bpm. In bed wired up to the machine I decided to see how low I could get it.. I felt very relaxed, had it down to 54 and 7 breaths per minute when the machine decided I was dying and let of a loud alarm at 4am in the morning. I lay there trying to look innocent, but the look on the nurses face told me she knew full well what I'd been up to.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Oh, one funny moment springs to mind. Being a cyclist I've got.a moderately low pulse at around 60bpm. In bed wired up to the machine I decided to see how low I could get it.. I felt very relaxed, had it down to 54 and 7 breaths per minute when the machine decided I was dying and let of a loud alarm at 4am in the morning. I lay there trying to look innocent, but the look on the nurses face told me she knew full well what I'd been up to.
Glad I'm not the only one who does that, the things you do to while away the time...

Glad I'm not the only one who does that, the things you do to while away the time...
Mine is usually the O2 levels. I frequently drop to 93% or lower when I am quiet and will have dizzy spells for hours afterwards if I have been on oxygen.

When I had the bronchoscopy done last March, even before they sedated me my heart rate was setting all the alarms off for being too low :blush: (alarms go off at 60bpm ime).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
[QUOTE 3551490, member: 9609"]have edited so it makes more sense.[/QUOTE]
Made perfect sense to me first time round.

GWS Drago

The Jogger

Legendary Member
OMG this is certainly a learning curve for us all it sounds like the sore stomach even fooled the paramedics.
Anyway glad you were sooo lucky and really look at the stress reduction. As Pat said, sod that P&L for a while. Good luck with the recovery.

Sorry to hear this, at least its more of a warning shot across the bows instead of a direct hit. So you will not be competing next month I take it. Were you going to be doing the BPO competition on the 1st of March at Farnrough by any chance ?.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, was the WPF open event in Farnborough. I was in no way expecting to qualify as my bench press has always been weak, but was planning it as a chance to gauge where I was at. Not now methinks.

Good news from the GP this morning. Looks as if it was a virus that got too much for my body and my ticker has gone wibble with the effort. Anti biotics and 10 days total rest and she reckons I can start easing back into daily life with hopefully no lasting effects.

Lucky doesn't begin to sum up how I feel.

Jogger, not a problem chum.

Top Bottom