We're screwed, aren't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'll grow some spuds in my garden.
Trust me. I'm Irish.
That's good to know because I will come and dig them up during the night, leaving you without....

The bible also tells us to go forth and multiply, which we have enthusiastically done and now look where it's got us.

I would no more live by what the bible says than I would live by any other fairy story.
the simple fact is that most, not all human beings regarding global warming /pollution etc seem to think , bolox to it, I wont be here so its not my problem .

Dave7

Legendary Member
The bible also tells us to go forth and multiply, which we have enthusiastically done and now look where it's got us.
You have to put that in context. After the flood there were (according to the bible) only 8 people. So that command would be logical for the situation.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When you visit a country like Nigeria you enter a place where taxation hardly happens, central and local government almost don't exist and political and civil systems have been replaced by informal systems based on bribery. Probably 90% of the public cash that is collected gets stolen or wasted, there is public electricity for less than an hour a day in cities and none outside, There are frequent shortages of fuel and transport infrastructures such as railways and roads are non-existant outside the cities. Yet life goes on - the climate doesn't kill people like it would in the Arctic so all people need is water and basic fats and carbs and a little protein to keep them alive. Subsistance farming manages to provide these and the population can survive, albeit 92% of them on less that two dollars a day as the old mantra goes. We are a long, long way from being as desperate as that.

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
When you visit a country like Nigeria you enter a place where taxation hardly happens, central and local government almost don't exist and political and civil systems have been replaced by informal systems based on bribery. Probably 90% of the public cash that is collected gets stolen or wasted, there is public electricity for less than an hour a day in cities and none outside, There are frequent shortages of fuel and transport infrastructures such as railways and roads are non-existant outside the cities. Yet life goes on - the climate doesn't kill people like it would in the Arctic so all people need is water and basic fats and carbs and a little protein to keep them alive. Subsistance farming manages to provide these and the population can survive, albeit 92% of them on less that two dollars a day as the old mantra goes. We are a long, long way from being as desperate as that.
They should have put that on the side of the BREXIT bus.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I would no more live by what the bible says than I would live by any other fairy story.
The problem is that so many people still do.

Levo-Lon

Guru

All well and good but us soft spoilt westerners with our inability to think or cope wouldn't last 2mins in that world.
We'll all go rioting and destroy everything.

On a plus note all them Johnny foreigners we seem to dislike from Africa will thrive, though it will be all their fault of course as the Brexit party will declare... :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Definitely true, Africans are extremely hard-working and resourceful and they don't sit around on their arses complaining. Luckily for their leaders the priests and imans keep them frightened and under control.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Globally we've got temperatures rising, we've got sea levels rising, we've got plants and animals going extinct and we've got a population that is already too large and is growing quickly, and the Amazon is on fire, to an extent that scientists are saying may be critical.

Nationally we've got a nation divided over membership of the EU and a government that seems hell bent on delivering the absolute worst case resolution that we were promised would never happen.

I'm kind of wondering what the point is, to be honest. We're killing off life on earth globally, and the UK government seems to want to turn us into a banana republic that can't import bananas. I can't see it ending well in the short term, the medium term or the long term. And it's raining.

How do fellow CCers feel about the state of things?

Sea levels have risen in the past.
Temperatures have done the same.
Plants and animals have been going extinct for a long time too.
Amazon on fire? Oh, that Amazon. Yes that has also been on fire many years ago.

That government stuff is all.man-made BS.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I read somewhere that, in six years, 25% of all the world's electricity would be accounted for by mobile phone communications and internet servers. Perhaps we had all better shut up.
Every time you do a google search something bad happens - I forget what - a fairy dies or something. A megafart of CO2 is released.

We are indeed screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom