What A Lovely Evening!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
I got home this evening and it was so nice and warm that I cleaned, lubed and generally fettled my hybrid then gave my road bike the once over too. I even took the road bike for a spin road the block to make sure everything works properly. I might take it tomorrow instead of the hybrid. I've missed riding it.

It was actually warm for the first time this evening too. Not just 'not cold', properly warm. Everyone on the cycle paths was in a good mood. I even had a laugh with a mother and her 2 kids and a guy with his dog. I've missed this weather.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I wore my shorts for the first time at work in 2015, and it was leg warmers off for the ride home.
Then I cleaned and tinkered with my best bike.^_^

Davos87

Guru
Since the weather forecast was so positive for today, I spent a few hours lavishing some TLC on my Giant Defy yesterday. Thorough wash, degreased the cassette, mickled the chain and lubed in all the right places........hopefully. My bike was gleaming when I'd finished. So out I went this morning, lovely warm spring sunshine and not much wind to speak of (that makes a bloody change). Did a 44 mile route and it was an absolute pleasure to be out in bib shorts and feeling the sun on your back. Daffodils bobbing in the sun, little rabbits scurrying in and out of the hedgerows, new born lambs gambolling in the fields, trees in bud and sure I heard the mellifluous threnody of a cuckoo although on that score I might have been mistaken?
Anyway welcome back our solar friend.
It's been a long wait.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Today I discovered the wonders of underarm vent zips :highfive:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcT_46ubCcuI-qHNFAPEMA3HHcO6DXWn5Cb1_obDXrRayqXRQnSQ.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No ride today , spent the day close at hand as swmbo was feeling ill after a trip to a and e , managed to add a layer of featherdge wood to the outside of my tongue and groove shed as the original planks had warped and there were a few gaps so now that wall is double thick wood .

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
As I hoped, today was nice too. It was nice to be out in more summery clothes (jersey and fingerless gloves). It was so nice to be on the road bike again. I knocked 5 minutes off of my commute in.

Left work and got to the end of the road and my chain fell off. The limit screws are fine so I don't know what's up there.

There was a traffic jam on the route I had planned to take so I took a detour along a cycle path. That's weird on a road bike.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Since the weather forecast was so positive for today, I spent a few hours lavishing some TLC on my Giant Defy yesterday. Thorough wash, degreased the cassette, mickled the chain and lubed in all the right places........hopefully. My bike was gleaming when I'd finished. So out I went this morning, lovely warm spring sunshine and not much wind to speak of (that makes a bloody change). Did a 44 mile route and it was an absolute pleasure to be out in bib shorts and feeling the sun on your back. Daffodils bobbing in the sun, little rabbits scurrying in and out of the hedgerows, new born lambs gambolling in the fields, trees in bud and sure I heard the mellifluous threnody of a cuckoo although on that score I might have been mistaken?
Anyway welcome back our solar friend.
It's been a long wait.

I am the last person on earth who would suffer from SAD, and I take absolutely no notice of the weather as.... Well, It is THE WEATHER and I can barely remember what the weather was like yesterday, I refuse to join the neurotic masses (and beleive me you pathetic Earthlings Brits are N. E. U. R. O. T. I .C .) about it....... But, even I have noticed more rain than normal!

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The evenings are nice here, too. I can get to sleep easier now that Daylight Savings is finished, because it's dark by my weekday bed time. Plus the scenery is multicoloured during my commutes home, thanks to Autumn. The minimum temperatures have been around 6-10° pretty consistently, which is nice for the commutes to work.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
I utterly utterly refuse to wear shorts when out. Not because I have any snobbery or anything, but because I don't think the world is quite ready to see

A. Myself in lycra

B. My legs
I refused to wear shorts for years. I was persuaded to try 3/4 length shorts and I like them so last summer I cycled in those with padded shorts underneath. Since I started wearing longs over the winter and now a cycling jersey I've realised it's too late and I've already gone full MAMIL.

Top Bottom