What a Store!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockn Robin

I'm sure you all know about it, but for me on the other side of the pond, I just discovered it yesterday. Anybody here order from them?

Chain Reaction Cycles!!

The prices are amazing. I ordered a Cateye Volt 800 from them. $75.99 US dollars. Here on Amazon it sells for $129.95. Even the Volt 700 here sells for more than the Volt 800 at Chain Reaction Cycles. I just got an email from them telling me it will be here next Wednesday, and it was shipped from Portsmouth. I think this will be my go to store from now on. Most stores offer a 30 day return policy. CRC offers a full 365 day return. How can you beat that. Well done CRC.

mgs315

Aye they’re pretty big here in the UK, they’re owned by Wiggle (also worth a look at).

They are the main UK suppliers. Also bike-discount.de from Germany and others. Can't believe UK is cheaper than the US

I've often found things cheaper on CRC than online stores here in the US. And even more strange shipping was almost always cheaper and quicker. With new tariffs going on for goods from China directly into the US I'm hoping that CRC will allow me a way to still buy cheap bike stuff.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Check out the list of Shopping Links at the top of the page. CRC and lots of other UK bike stores are listed and may be worth you using. If you visit the stores via those links then Shaun (CycleChat founder/owner) gets a small commission for each order, which helps pay towards the cost of keeping the forum going.

Great idea. :okay:

I went to the links, well tried them, and for each one I got a message, "Your Connection is Not Private." Anyone else get that?

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
Welcome to the dangerous world of Wiggle and CRC, I find myself visiting their websites far too often.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Don't forget @Rockn Robin your US customs and excise are going to hit you up!

My order has already shipped and charged to my account. I think on larger items, like bikes, etc yes. I have ordered other things from UK companies and I have been fine. If they tell me when its at the border there are charges, I'll tell them to shove it up Trump's, hmmm . . . trumpet. HAHAHAHA!!

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Tredz sometimes have some killer dealsmon parts and accessories. I'm pleased you're waving a few dollars Mr Robin.

It's my birthplace. One reason for buying a Brompton, other than I love the bike, it helps my fellow Brits. I would rather my money go there, than China. No offense people from China, but it's the proper order of things.

Top Bottom