What a week to have off as a holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Are we on about holidaying in Clitheroe or eating slugs?:scratch::okay:
Both. You catch your breakfast each day.

gbb

Legendary Member
Dredge them in egg, and then in bread crumbs.
Deep fry in oil until golden brown, and serve while hot.
Classic Escargot -
Let your snails/slugs purge themselves in a container of damp lettuce for 24 hours.
Bring one cup of water or white wine to a boil in a large saute pan, and pour in 2 cups of snails.

Or
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodand...evision-chef-Hugh-Fearnley-Whittingstall.html

Deep fried banana slugs

Don't knock it 'til you try it.

I tried it once...I'm going to knock it anyway xx(:laugh:. One of the only foodstuff items I spat out my mouth in disgust...:whistle:. TBF, I do wonder if the ones I tried had gone off :headshake:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Was on holiday in Bath last week and the weather wasn't great. Relaxing but we could've stayed at home and done the same things - much cheaper too!

£14.50 for a large Sauvignon Blanc and a pint of Lager (Amstel) Shandy is a bit steep.

I tried it once...I'm going to knock it anyway xx(:laugh:. One of the only foodstuff items I spat out my mouth in disgust...:whistle:. TBF, I do wonder if the ones I tried had gone off :headshake:
Gone off where ? Gone off piste ? Gone off for a walk, well mooch then ? Gone off the whole idea ? Where ever they had gone off to would`nt be far away at their speed !

MarkF

Guru
I think the cheap flights bit puts folk off. It means to put it bluntly, the serious possibility of pissed up idiots misbehaving on those 2 to 3 hour cheap flights. Having some drunken moron asking you for a fight or threatening to open the plane's door would put me off flying on 'cheap flights'.

Never had an experience like that ever, in 30 years of "cheap" flights.

Top Bottom