What about Cube Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mhk1058

Regular
what do you guys think of the cube agree sl bike.

I love the 2011 colour scheme, it looks great. However, it was over my budget and personally I think you are paying a helluva premium for some Dura-Ace kit and an overall weight saving of 200gms compared to the Race and it's a lot more money than the Pro which is also a great bike. I guess it depends on what you want it for.

Having said that, if money was no object...........

I love the 2011 colour scheme, it looks great. However, it was over my budget and personally I think you are paying a helluva premium for some Dura-Ace kit and an overall weight saving of 200gms compared to the Race and it's a lot more money than the Pro which is also a great bike. I guess it depends on what you want it for.

Having said that, if money was no object...........

sorry for the confusion

i meant the aluminium agree sl not the agree gtc sl

http://www.cube.eu/e...eries/agree-sl/

mhk1058

Regular
Welcome to the club rs !! Glad your enjoying the Cube, as regarding the seat, reading on here most peeps have changed it but I'm just giving it time to settle in ( 6 weeks so far ) Now .... The bar tape ... Man alive did it bug me too that after the first ride or so it got grubby, a lot of threads on here about cleaning them with baby wipes, pledge,WD40 etc I found that pledge does work ok but not perfect, I also read reports that Fizik microtek tape stays clean for quite a time also.
Anyway, get out, enjoy and safe riding on ya beastie ;-)

Yep, Fizik white tape is the DBs, ripped the cube stuff off, nightmare, looked filthy (coz it was). The Fizik tape is supplied with plenty to do your bars (unlike some), easy to wrap & stays clean. Only difference some people may miss is that the Cube stuff was quite spongy, so soaked up a bit of vibration.

The yellowish tint is my dodgy phone camera flash. You can get it w or w/o logo.

bars.JPG

Moss

Well Gentlemen,

I finally joined the CUBE Club. I went for the Cube Agree GTC Pro - size 56, (I'm 5ft.10,) it fits perfectly, I've bought a pair of duo Pedals : Shimano XT the latest 2012 version. I'v only been out once since last Saturday, a 25, mile ride with some nasty climbs put in for good measure; and I'm loving the new bike, the feeling you get is exhilerating; and it feels like a featherweight when sailing along eating up the road miles.

P9240244.jpg

P9240243.jpg
P9240243.jpg

Photos were taken before I fitted these Shimano XT Pedals

P9240246.jpg

P9240247.jpg

Attachments

• P9240243.jpg
    P9240243.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 44

mhk1058

Regular
Lovely bike, I'm sure you'll have many a happy mile on it.

Although if you don't mind me saying, the bike deserves better pedals than that, the reflectors are probably against the rules anyway. Shimano 105's at least.

Moss

Lovely bike, I'm sure you'll have many a happy mile on it.

Although if you don't mind me saying, the bike deserves better pedals than that, the reflectors are probably against the rules anyway. Shimano 105's at least.

The Shimano XT duo pedals suit the cube perfectly! They're normally £75.00 (well, £74.99) but you can find them on offer, even though they've only just come on to the market!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67250 they look the part and are extremely comfortable, they really do suit the road bike beautifully.

mhk1058

Regular
The Shimano XT duo pedals suit the cube perfectly! They're normally £75.00 (well, £74.99) but you can find them on offer, even though they've only just come on to the market!

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=67250 they look the part and are extremely comfortable, they really do suit the road bike beautifully.

Expensive Carbon bike? There really is only one pedal. Or you could go for the non carbon version, or even the 105 which are only 40 quid.

prod_42622.jpg

Moss

Expensive Carbon bike? There really is only one pedal. Or you could go for the non carbon version, or even the 105 which are only 40 quid.

prod_42622.jpg

I think they are absolutely beautiful pedals; and as you say, Would suit a carbon bike perfectly! But they're not for me. I like a wider pedal; and I'm getting too old for competitive riding, so the XT Pedals are just right for my type of riding these days! Hey, I certainly wont get under the hour again for a 25 mile TT. Those days are history! Just leisure riding from now on!

p1tse

I was lucky enough to purchase a Cube Agree GTC Race on Friday with full ultegra groupset and to put it mildly Im loving it to bits, had a ride out to the North Downs on Saturday morning and done the London to Brighton run on Sunday ( 3 hrs 50 mins ) ;-) The Agree range look gorge across the board I reckon, only downside is the small strange sizing, my spech Allez Sports is a 54 frame and fits me Cosy but I tried a Agree 56 frame cos they only do sizes in 50,53,56 etc and it felt just a wee bit too big. I settled on a 53 with a bit of tweaking from the guys at Cyclesurgery and so far it's lush !!

Biiiig thumbs up for the Agree from moi ...

Digging up old thread. What height are you?

p1tse

Thanks. Are you setup on standard stem etc.
I'm 5ft8 so a little bit smaller. Any issues with the smaller cube 53cm frame for you?

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Not really, only thing I changed was a longer stem, the original stem made the bike a little bit too twitchy for me. Its worth having a test ride of both the 53 & 56 frame IMHO but I reckon the 53 should be fine for you.

Top Bottom