What about Cube Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p1tse

Thanks

When I was at cycle surgery I hoped on the 53cm
The guy never even offered if I could take it for a spin

Looking at their stock all chained up and tyres all clean. Do they offer to let to take bikes out otherwise they will all end up as demo?

Zakalwe

You just need to ask in Cyclesurgery or a test ride, there's probably a list on their website of what they ask from you. Usually a bank card, passport etc.

p1tse

Thanks
Will have a look online about test ride

But what happens to the actual bike as it then becomes a demo model and they loose value on it?

Zakalwe

Pretty much any bike you see in a shop is a demo model, they'll either get sold as such at a discount or if they're a bit banged up, sent back to the distributor who then sell as an ex demo model on their website or whatever. If the frame's ok it might get cleaned up and have some new parts put on from the parts bin.

p1tse

Thanks
I just tried to look online about test ride and nothing

If thys the case I was surprised he wouldn't even entertain me with an offer to make a sale

Zakalwe

Last time I did a test ride I think I handed over my driving license and bank card, made a payment of 1p to prove it was active, filled out a form and that was it. Try as many as you like. Might have been in a Evans though. Give the branch a call and ask.

Regards to sales technique, I rather not get harrassed personally. With something like a bike you either want to buy one and will, or don't want one and won't. No sales patter is going to convince you to part with several hundreds/thousands of pounds on something you don't need. If you ask all the questions and test ride etc they might be more forthcoming.

p1tse

I'll give hem a bell tomorrow, but what with the rain it's going to be difficult

When googling I came across Evans promoting the testing, but not on cycle surgery

p1tse

Cycle surgery is closest

Evans do t do cube I think, will double check

mhk1058

Regular
Not really, only thing I changed was a longer stem, the original stem made the bike a little bit too twitchy for me. Its worth having a test ride of both the 53 & 56 frame IMHO but I reckon the 53 should be fine for you.
Yep, the Cubes have quite short top tubes, 531mm on the 56cm frame. This is what you really need to be looking at with sloping top tube type frames where the frame size is a virtual frame size as there is much more room to manouvre with the seat post, so this measurement isn't as important as what you can adjust reach-wise. In most other makes, '56cm' frames have effective top tube lengths around 540-550mm.

p1tse

I was lucky enough to purchase a Cube Agree GTC Race on Friday with full ultegra groupset and to put it mildly Im loving it to bits, had a ride out to the North Downs on Saturday morning and done the London to Brighton run on Sunday ( 3 hrs 50 mins ) ;-) The Agree range look gorge across the board I reckon, only downside is the small strange sizing, my spech Allez Sports is a 54 frame and fits me Cosy but I tried a Agree 56 frame cos they only do sizes in 50,53,56 etc and it felt just a wee bit too big. I settled on a 53 with a bit of tweaking from the guys at Cyclesurgery and so far it's lush !!

Biiiig thumbs up for the Agree from moi ...

did you get any discount at cyclesurgery

Top Bottom