what airbed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

thanks again for all your advice - still undecided - this has taken me longer to decide than anything else but i figure after doing 60 to 100 miles everyday i want a good nights sleep

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

has anyone tried one of these?

thoughts on this product

multimat Adventure Inflatable Adventure Air (Sleeping Mats)

multimat%20adv%20inf%20adv%20air.jpg

List price £25.44 SAVE 30% = £7.63

Your Wiggle price: £17.81

EXTRA DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
pay as little as £16.03

Buy options

addtofaves.gif

multimat Adventure Inflatable Adventure Air

A six tube air mattress manufactured from 75D polyester to give light weight comfort.

Top Features of the multimat Adventure Inflatable Adventure Air

• Exceptionally compact
  • Supplied in a stuff sack
  • 1850x530x50mm
  • Weight: 440g
  • Compactness: 250x110x25mm

willem

Über Member
As I said, you cannot have it all: this one is light, cheap, probably fairly comfortable, but..... it is cold because uninsulated. Whether that matters is something I cannot decide for you. It may not in warm weather at lower altitudes. If you want something like this, but better made and warmer, you will have to pay for the forthcoming Thermarest NeoAir, or, if you want it warmer still (but heavier), the Exped down mattress. There are no free lunches, so it is all about finding the right compromise. If you want it warmer at this price, go for a used Thermarest.

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

cheers - i've taken all of that info onboard - my tour is jul/aug in france/spain so warmth not an issue however if i can get the neoair or a used thermarest for a decent price i will probably go for 1 of them

is the alpkit aric slim insulated?

Ergle

Über Member
aqaleigh said:
also has anyone used the ALPKIT WEE AIRIC and is it any good

I have a wee airic - have only used it once in France during a fairly cool night in September. It was very comfortable - I am in my 50's - and I slept much better than I thought I would on what seemed at first to be a very thin airbed. I note comments from others about insulation, and have never used it in cold weather, but would have thought that the thin layer of air you lie on would insulate you well from the cold ground.

One thing I liked about buying from Alpkit though, was the handwritten note from the despatcher saying they hope you'll enjoy their product. A welcome personal touch!!

David

foggy

i use a self inflating bed that i bought in aldi,s for £12 you just undo the the
plug and leave it 15 minuets and it self inflates itself then do up the plug deflating you just undo the plug roll the air out
ifind it very comfitable and i am 67
foggy

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

okay - airic it is - decision made

thank you everyone and i'll let you know how i sleep

Top Bottom