What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Finished "The Right to the City", and launched into "Morgan's Men", a history of the England limited overs side from their defeat in 2015 to becoming 50 over World Cup winners in 2019. It's nice to relive what was a pretty special period, and gain some insight into the thinking and tactics of the key players in England's limited overs revival.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Fatherland - page turner, 5/5
Perfidia - huge book, even if it takes place in a handful of locations in LA, throughout 2 weeks or so during December 41

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Been wanting to read these for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpeg
    IMG_0650.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 6
been working through the sprawl series by william gibson again , i just started
View attachment 707968

Neuromancer was like a door into another existence when I read it as a teenager. No other book could compare. And possibly nothing since.
It was like the experience of Matrix at the cinema - but inside my head, years earlier, and only my head!

(Incidentally, Idoru is the 4th book - listed as the first in the Bridge Trilogy. But maybe you knew ... )

Love this quote:
A 52-year-old Gibson later commented on himself as an author, circa Neuromancer, that "I'd buy him a drink, but I don't know if I'd loan him any money,"

Made a start on "Admiral Jole and the Red Queen" - one of the newer books in the Vorkosigan saga by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Prior to that, read "Memory", "Cetaganda" and "Cryoburn" - all volumes in the same series. Though each book can be read as a stand-alone, so you can dip in and out without sacrificing any enjoyment of the stories.

Milzy

Guru
A must read! Gad Saad explains how idea pathogens are infecting our generations minds, and how freedom of speech is being slowly taken away by them.
IMG_2860.jpeg

mustang1

Legendary Member
Mark Beaumont round the world

dicko

Guru
The Excursion Train, the third book in the Railway Detective series by Edward Marston. The Railway Detective fiction series of crimes committed in the Victorian era.

Last edited:
I've got a love for classic sci fi, not just reading the greats but finding previously unknown (to me works). I'm reading Gordon R Dickson's 'Dorsai' saga though it's more commonly referred to the Childe Cycle, there are several books and novels in the series. These are all set in the 21st century onwards where mankind has splintered into several sub groups following their departure from earth.

Tactics of Mistake
OIP.jpg
An interesting read of how an unproven military tactic, devised by a single man, can prove decisive in war.

Soldier Ask Not
SLDRSKNTJN1984.jpg
Though published before ToM its set roughly 100 years after with common elements carried forward.

Just a side not it's important to me when getting these older books to find the editions with the time relevant artwork, modern versions are often ebooks with terrible covers!

Top Bottom