What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Our resident conspiracy theorist being taken in by a conspiracy theorist who also happens to be a professor in marketing? Who'd a thunk it?

His marketing book did really well. That’s wild, who’d have thought. He’s a brilliant guy though. His podcasts are on point.

AndyRM

XOXO
His marketing book did really well. That’s wild, who’d have thought. He’s a brilliant guy though. His podcasts are on point.

He's brilliant at what he does.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The Catch by Shari Low and Ross King - Kindle Unlimited.

Second part of a very good fictional trilogy that 'lifts the lid' on the dark underbelly of Hollywood.

Not my usual reading fodder but I find myself enjoying it a lot.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm not reading anything else until @Drago publishes his novel. I'm hoping for a signed copy from the new Andy McNab.

Gillstay

Über Member
Rereading Eric Newby's Short Walk in the Hindu Kush. Every bit as good as I remember it. It brilliantly conveys an almost Edwardian Englishness that was bizarrely clearly still around (in certain circles) in the late '50s - the kind of mindset that can remove boots to find socks absolutely drenched in blood and think 'I say, that's a bit of a bore.' Then bind them up in the morning and carry on walking up an ice-encased mountain. Bonkers. And quite wonderful.

Yep fantastic book and have enjoyed all of his, but that one is exceptional. Doubt you would visit there now.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Broken Money by Lyn Alden

She writes about what is money, the history of money, how the current financial system operates and how it is failing us.

Bought this in the Wakefield branch of Waterstones, this morning

We’re off up to Cumbria, for a long-weekend, l’ll be taking it with me

IMG_7853.jpeg

AndyRM

XOXO
In the last few days.

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Again.
The 39 steps by John Buchan.Again.
Chocky by Wyndham Lewis. Again.

Great books! I especially like 39 Steps.

Although I have to confess I was mightily confused seeing it billed as a comedy play at some theatre in London. Have I missed something, because it really isn't?

Currently re-reading Genesis P-Orridge's book Nonbinary as it's been a while. Very interesting character, and an inspiration for a lot of people who are into that style of art.

I've ordered Heavy Metal Badger too, which is more for my daughter, but I suspect I'll have a hoot with before hand. Parody metal band names, my favourite being Quack Sabbath.

Top Bottom