What are your lock down plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I’m sure you posted this very the very best of intentions, however IMO it comes across as a little bit insensitive especially when other members of this forum are not quite as fortunate as you and your wife.
Not intended that way at all. I know how fortunate we are. I realise a lot of families are not in the same boat, and they have my sympathy.

I don't think my comments however were any less sensitive, than those above detailing how they were planing to spend the time catching up on DIY and other tasks, as though the enforced home time was nothing more than an extended holiday.

Having said that I don't think those posters were in the wrong either... Its simply a matter of fact, that this disaster will affect us all in different ways, and as usual some will fare better than others. As a society its on us all to ensure that wherever possible we mitigate the effects on those who will be worse off... Something we repeatedly prove to be rather less willing and able to do than most of us would like.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My often repeated advice in times like these is Laphroig 10yo. I stand by it.
The end of a bottle of Tamnavulin and the start of one of Glen Moray, a bit skintipoos these days.

nagden

Über Member
I had previously posted that I intended to continue cycling within the confines of our commune here in Normandy. Yesterday the French Cycling Federation stated that cycling did not meet the criteria of the rules of confinement. It stated that exercise outside of your area should be brief and close to your home. My bike will now have an enforced holiday and I will focus my energy on the huge to do list I have.

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
Set up my sons bike on the Tacx ready for the possible grim weeks ahead, we’ll all probably end up using it

0558C06C-A593-471D-8DB6-38A035840443.jpeg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I had previously posted that I intended to continue cycling within the confines of our commune here in Normandy. Yesterday the French Cycling Federation stated that cycling did not meet the criteria of the rules of confinement. It stated that exercise outside of your area should be brief and close to your home. My bike will now have an enforced holiday and I will focus my energy on the huge to do list I have.

Which works if a commune does not have many residents. However in a populous area confining exercise to a narrow area means you get crowding with lots of empty countryside beyond. The law of unintended consequences .

PaulB

Legendary Member
Its all my fault this virus outbreak. Does anyone remember my posting about causing a world disaster a few weeks ago when I missed the one second to go button on the microwave when cooking my breakfast? I ALWAYS switch it off with one second to go, not three or two but one, with the Mission: Impossible music running through my head. I had a mishap with some butter and the adjacent toast and to my utter shock, I missed the off button and the beeping went off. There's no coincidence that the outbreak began that very day so I am confessing to you all that this whole thing is entirely my fault. I fully expect the police to be around to my house mob-handed any minute now so I bid you all a fond farew.........

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I work in the distribution centre of a large supermarket chain and my wife works in a supermarket. No time off for us unless we get ill and no chance of avoiding people as both places are very busy. Our employers are offering short contracts to anyone that has lost work due to the virus. No doubt my turbo will see some action though.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
No particular plans unless you count losing a stone which is surplus to requirements. It’s the only silver lining to the panic buying causing grocery shopping to be a lottery. I’ve been eating healthier (well, less) since this started here in earnest.

I haven’t quite made myself an honorary 70+ year old, but am staying home as much as possible, my only essentials being going out for food and the doctor when necessary (my wife picked a bad time to have glaucoma and be diagnosed with hyperthyroidism), and exercise; if leisure cycling is barred, I’ll probably start using the bike to get groceries at least some of the time. I’m taking this very seriously even though I don’t have any of the conditions thought most likely to put you at risk.

Sorry to hear about your leg, @raleighnut. @PaulB, your admission of culpability for the coronapocalypse is refreshing.

lane

Veteran
Not locked down yet although working at home and all family home all day will be interesting.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
As of today we are in total lockdown due to my partners various illness's .
Luckily i work from home so long as our suppliers are still shipping goods direct to our customers we will carry on .
I will continue to ride where i can seeing as i only ride solo majority of the time and as long as my partner doesn't feel that it's not a good idea or till Boris tells us to stop all together .
On a serious note the goverment need to stop people just going out and shopping just for the sake of it , as most of them don't need more provisions

Top Bottom