What are your worst tv ads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I watch all my telly via dodgy torrent sites, and some kind soul snips out the commercials for me. What are these 'TeeVee' ads you speak of? :huh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I watch all my telly via dodgy torrent sites, and some kind soul snips out the commercials for me. What are these 'TeeVee' ads you speak of? :huh:

Similar.
Anything we want to watch we record on the Tivo box to either watch later or start it 10 minutes later so we can fast forward through the ads.

steverob

Guru
Most bad adverts I'll mute, but there are a few that annoy me so much, I'll change the channel or go out the room. As I watch a lot of sport, my current bête noire is one of the many millions of gambling ones that come on during football matches - I can't remember which brand is responsible for my hatred (and I'm definitely not looking them up) but it's the one where there are two blokes in varied different sorts of dire circumstances (stranded in the Antarctic, life raft lost at sea, etc.) and one of them somehow has a signal on his mobile but rather than calling for help, is using it to bet on sports and be a completely annoying twat to the other person who's actually trying to get rescued.

And don't think for a second that this is a rant against bookmakers advertising in general either - some of them aren't terrible and I quite like the Paddy Power Steward (Total Eclipse of the Heart) advert at the moment.

What about Ray's heartfelt play to make us all gamble responsibly?
ray_2409254b.jpg

I do similar, so when I go to the pub or anywhere else there is a TV on, I have to have my back to it or I will stare at it transfixed, like a visitor from the past.

I distinctly remember my "what? Kevin Bacon is advertising mobile phones?" moment. Turns out everyone else already knew!

Reactions: mjr

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I was in an advert once about 20/22 years ago. I went for an audition, was late for it and was in a foul mood my bad attitude got me the part apparently.

In the day of recording the stupid ad execs and idiot production crew couldn't get their tom tit together in a dark dank underground car park and kept me waiting for feckin hours because the poncy director was feckin about with lightning and kitchen foil to do something that took about 20 minutes to film.

When it was aired people that knew me said I saw you in that Mercedes advert the other day. What Mercedes advert? It was an ad for The Guardian newspaper!

So much for marketing types.

I've tried to find the add online but doesn't seem to be there.

( I expect the CC 007 @classic33 will probably dig it up now)

classic33

Leg End Member

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Why can't we just go back to the good old days when people had bladder control
We never had bladder control, we just didn't openly acknowledge the problem. Women's nether regions and internal plumbing have been wrecked since time immemorial, it is just now you can buy a product off the self instead of having to shamefacedly ask at the chemist. Much like condoms in that respect.

As for ads, I am the same as others above, I never watch live TV with ads, always tivo and then skip through.

gavgav

Guru
All of them! I frequently reach for the mute button when they come on. Makes recording things on the SKY box my favourite way of watching TV because you can fast forward through the adverts!!

gbb

Legendary Member
What cretin from The Halifax thought that a dodgy cartoon that appealed to 8 year old in the 1970s (roughly speaking) could possibly appeal to adults 40 years later.
It was CR@P then, it still is now.

Scrooby Doo....my arrse., same with Top Cat.

Top Bottom