What attaches to this shopper front carrier frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rrarider

Veteran
I recently bought a secondhand Raleigh Shopper for the sole purpose of nipping down to the shops. I rigged up a jury-rigged arrangement for carrying stuff on the rear rack but am wondering what basket is meant to attach to the little frame on the front? In the attached photo it's the lower frame which doesn't rotate with the wheel. (The bag at the top, fixed with the red strap is the Carradice bar bag from my nice 80s road bike.)

Attachments

• shopperFrontFrame.jpg
    shopperFrontFrame.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 51

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Calling @Fab Foodie .

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
rrarider

rrarider

Veteran
I think that it must be for some kind of clip on wire basket too. I've never seen a photo of such an arrangement though. That frame is welded to the head tube but has no platform to it. If it did have a platform, I could lash a small bag to it with bungee cords.

OP
OP
rrarider

rrarider

Veteran
If you Google Raleigh shopper you can see it in photos..I found one but can't copy to here atm
Looking at Google search results again, I see most of the front baskets sit on a rack/platform arrangement. However the. 5th (?) I think does show a wire basket attached to a frame like mine. I can't see the detail of how it attaches: I presume there must be straps.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Some are like the Australian blokes above or is that below?

Some have a bracket that goes under the headset nut

OP
OP
rrarider

rrarider

Veteran
[QUOTE 5127643, member: 45"]This is mine...[/QUOTE]That's a basket that sits on a front rack, not similar to the frame that I have.

Top Bottom