What book are you guys currently reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Blood River by Tim Butcher, the story of a journalist's journey through the Congo.

Has anyone read War & Peace? I downloaded it onto my Kindle a few weeks ago and although a few people have recommended Russian literature to me, the size of it puts me off. It will take about 6 weeks at least to read.

Nearly finished John Scalzi's "Old Man's War" series of books. Easy read and quite enjoyable. Especially like the way that the 4th book is the same story as the third book, but told from a different person's perspective.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The Northumbrian Bagpipes by Cocks and Bryan

I have a set of Northumbrian pipes whose reeds need some attention and I'm seeking hints and tips.

I might even attempt to make a seven key chanter.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I won't

when you mean the hardest read what does that mean?

It was a paperback.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Has anyone read War & Peace? I downloaded it onto my Kindle a few weeks ago and although a few people have recommended Russian literature to me, the size of it puts me off. It will take about 6 weeks at least to read.
No, but I've liked the Dostoevsky I've read - might be a little more digestible.

More recently written, Solzhenitsyn evokes the random cruelty of the soviet era with a sort of black humour that I found very readable. Cancer Ward, One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, or the abridged version of the Gulag Archipelago are all good places to start.

Last edited:
Top Bottom