What book are you guys currently reading

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Soup890, 18 Aug 2014.

1. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Just finished The Dead Mountaineer's Inn by Boris and Arkady Strugatsky: by turns ridiculous and sinister, and just a lot of fun all round. And Kim Stanley Robinson's new one, Aurora, which is an excellent allegorical novel about a failed space colonization project.

2. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

Currently reading Chris Froome's autobiography.

3. DiddlyDodds

DiddlyDodds Random Resident

Best book i have read in a long time
    51HcRksnZiL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

User45 likes this.
  4. Vickivix

Vickivix Active Member

David Millar's autobiography. I normally read detective/psychological thriller type stuff.

5. tfg71

tfg71 Senior Member

Have you read his others ?

6. Salar

Salar Über Member

I needed some inspiration being 61!

onmyowntwowheels.jpg

7. DiddlyDodds

DiddlyDodds Random Resident

No but after this one i will be looking to get more of his.

8. Jayaly

Jayaly Senior Member

Still plugging away (or not) at War and Peace three months later. I was hoping to read some classics in the name of self improvement, but just the thought of it waiting for me stops me reading and starts me playing games instead. Then there was the hiatus to re-read a bunch of Ben Aaronovitch and Jenny Crusie books instead. I probably need to face up to the fact that this is not what self-improvement looks like.

9. Drago

Drago Guru

Space, by James A. Michener.

10. Roadhump

Roadhump Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted

I reviewed a book on the Goodreads website some time last year, and last week I received a message from a publishing agency to say they had read my review and would I like to review another book, "The Ravi Lancers" by John Masters, if they sent me an electronic copy. I have enjoyed reading his books in the past so took up their offer. They sent me the book a few days later; unfortunately it is in PDF format which doesn't suit my Kindle too well so I will have to read it on my computer, unless I spend £2.99 and get a Kindle copy. Anyway, that will be my next book after I have finished the voluminous Count of Monte Cristo, of which I have read about 2 thirds now.

Drago likes this.
  11. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

'Under the Same Sky' by Joseph Kim. Continuing my North Korean obsession..

book_shop_1.jpg

12. Proto

Proto Veteran

I've just finished Call for the Dead by John le Carre. About to start A Murder of Quality, the second of his 'Smiley' books.

Read them all years ago, and recently having watched recent Tinker, Taylor film thought I'd give them another go. John le Carre is a great writer.

13. G-Zero

G-Zero Über Member

"Memories Of Ice" - book 3 of the 10 book series "Malazan Book Of The Fallen" by Steven Erikson.

14. Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

Memoirs of a Georgian Rake by William Hickey.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice