What book are you guys currently reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Just finished The Dead Mountaineer's Inn by Boris and Arkady Strugatsky: by turns ridiculous and sinister, and just a lot of fun all round. And Kim Stanley Robinson's new one, Aurora, which is an excellent allegorical novel about a failed space colonization project.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Currently reading Chris Froome's autobiography.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Best book i have read in a long time
51HcRksnZiL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Jayaly

I'm several chapters into War and Peace, but I'm still waiting for the plot to start and slightly concerned that maybe there isn't one as I would recognise it. I'll give it a bit longer before I decide that I'm an unredeemable philistine and put it down for good.

Still plugging away (or not) at War and Peace three months later. I was hoping to read some classics in the name of self improvement, but just the thought of it waiting for me stops me reading and starts me playing games instead. Then there was the hiatus to re-read a bunch of Ben Aaronovitch and Jenny Crusie books instead. I probably need to face up to the fact that this is not what self-improvement looks like.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I reviewed a book on the Goodreads website some time last year, and last week I received a message from a publishing agency to say they had read my review and would I like to review another book, "The Ravi Lancers" by John Masters, if they sent me an electronic copy. I have enjoyed reading his books in the past so took up their offer. They sent me the book a few days later; unfortunately it is in PDF format which doesn't suit my Kindle too well so I will have to read it on my computer, unless I spend £2.99 and get a Kindle copy. Anyway, that will be my next book after I have finished the voluminous Count of Monte Cristo, of which I have read about 2 thirds now.

Proto

Legendary Member
I've just finished Call for the Dead by John le Carre. About to start A Murder of Quality, the second of his 'Smiley' books.

Read them all years ago, and recently having watched recent Tinker, Taylor film thought I'd give them another go. John le Carre is a great writer.

Top Bottom