What book are you guys currently reading

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Soup890, 18 Aug 2014.

1. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Guy Martin's latest. Worms To Catch, the biking but is great.

2. Erm...................

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yorkshire-...=UTF8&qid=1493129955&sr=1-10&keywords=Pevsner

3. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

The Hypnotist, Wallander style gruesomeness penned by a couple using the pen name Lars Kepler.

4. Drago

Drago Guru

Ploughing my way through the Wilbur Smith pantheon. Almost up to date now, reading Those in Peril.

5. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Standing In Another Mans Grave, by Ian Rankin (one of his Rebus novels).

My previous exposure to Rebus was via the ITV series a while back and much as I like John Hannah, and later on Ken Stott as actors the TV shows never really gripped me. Not read any of the Rebus books previously, but got this last time I was in the charity shop and I have to say it's excellent. The book is far, far better than the TV programme ever was and I'll be on the look out for more.

Wixsteman likes this.
  6. My other car is an Aston Martin

7. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

You're not supposed to blow the doors off Michael Caine autobiography but struggling to finish

8. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

Just started the latest Ian Rankin Rebus novel. It has started off really well.

postman and NorthernDave like this.
  9. Wixsteman

Wixsteman Über Member

Just started Gerald Seymour’s a damned serious business. It’s got me hooked already.

10. 'Mad Bad, Dangerous To Know', at work

11. postman

postman Legendary Member

Dombey and Son,i might have answered this before :blush::shy: mind you it is a thick book.

Fnaar and Gravity Aided like this.
  12. Drago

Drago Guru

100 Deadly Skills by Clint Emerson.

13. Abraham Lincoln, by Carl Sandburg.

Hugh Manatee likes this.
  14. lazybloke

lazybloke Über Member

Just put my youngest to bed with a few pages of "Peter Duck", the 3rd in the Swallows & Amazons series.
    I barely get to read my own books these days; I started "The World of Cycling According to G" on Boxing Day but am only a few pages in. progress yet.

Fnaar, Gravity Aided and NorthernDave like this.
  15. Tail End Charlie

Tail End Charlie Guru

Ostland by David Thomas. A bit harrowing but based on a true story and explores how people became killers under the Nazis.

Gravity Aided likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice