What can't you live without?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Not literally. What I mean is, what so adds to the value of your average day that you would be in mourning as a consumer were it to be snatched away?

For me it’s the iPod Shuffle, discontinued in 2017.

ZcBEc4P.jpg

This was never something I expected to like. After retiring my walkman in favour of the original Mini, a screen, not to mention a huge chunk of storage, seemed a must. But when Apple {the villains of this piece} announced that the end was nigh, I decided to give the Shuffle a try. I’m so glad I did – and immediately bought two more.

Touchscreens are almost like magic to me, but the tactile control it offers is a godsend when awheel, and nice to have when just walking around and needing a respite from the sound of silence. Pause, volume control and skipping past songs the shuffle algorithm seems stuck on: all easily achieved without taking your eye off the road. And I don't care what anybody says, the fact that head-filling music can come out of that thing is still a kind of sorcery.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT0Zz6_8KFk

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Bass guitar. It's my creative outlet, stress reliever and intellectual exercise all in one.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
As far as consumer items are concerned nothing, I could if required live with at all of it.
Possible exception Chocolate. I love chocolate .

On the matter of the OP’s item, I have one used it once hated it, it’s in a drawer somewhere probably destined for landfill somewhere one day...if I ever find it again.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
My radios. This is about a third of them :laugh:

Top Bottom