What comes around goes around

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
The comments in this make for interesting reading, and further down the owner/creator doesn't do themselves any marketing favours, or indeed any favours with the law of physics.
lol - yeah; you could grow a lifetime's worth of tomatoes with the amount of "natural fertiliser" in that video :laugh:

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
According to the late mike Burrows, the only genuine invention in the cycling world for many, many years was the SPD pedal

“Shoelock” as they were known, were invented in the late 1890s.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
In 1780 James Pickard patented the crank so, in 1781, James Watt (or William Murdoch, one of his co-workers) invented the sun-and-planet gear to circumvent the patent. This looks like one of these events, which one might call creative cat-skinning — a multitude of solutions to the same problem. It happens all the time and occasionally, very occasionally, throws up a genuine advance such as the microwave oven.

presta

Guru
very occasionally, throws up a genuine advance such as the microwave oven

I saw a new take on that one a few years ago: a microwave hot water system. Much more efficient apparently, never mind that a resistor dipped in water transfers 100% of its heat into the water, and a magnetron's about 65% efficient. I suppose you could create a watertight enclosure for the whole system, in which case you'd have something as efficient as a resistor for ten times the price.

Top Bottom