What cycling are you looking forward to in the coming months?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
What rides, challenges or tours have you got coming up over the next few months?

Anything you're looking forward to that you've been planning for a long while? Maybe just getting out and spending a day rolling steadily along in the lovely warm sunshine (it's coming, not long to wait now!)? ^_^ Maybe a tour or something adventurous that you've never tried before?

johnnyb47

Guru
I'm planning a 70 mile ride this year to visit my dad. I honestly don't know whether or not i will achieve it but one thing for certain I'm going to give it a try.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A mini solo tour of south Holland and bits of north Belgium in early July. I'll be aiming for Breda where my wife will join me for a couple of days. I'll then head back via bonkers Baarle Nassau which I have always wanted to visit (lots of islands of Belgian territory within NL).

So the current plan is day 1 ride to Harwich, overnight ferry to the Hook, day 2 Hook to Willemstad, Day 3 Willemstad to Breda a couple of days there then day 6 Breda to Baarle Nassau, Day 7 Baarle Nassau to Hook of Holland Day 8 Harwich to Newmarket.

Not the most adventurous of tours but I'm really looking forward to it.

Sixmile

Veteran
With only a few games in the Irish League football season left, I'm planning on cycling to at least one away game and I'm working on the logistics of a 70-80 mile round trip in 2 weeks.

I've then booked my accommodation for my annual overnight pilgrimage to Athlone in May along the ever-developing Dublin to Galway greenway. Hoping to locate a few new sections this year. The weekend after I'll be riding the 120 mile Gran Fondo closed road sportive for the first time. Many say that it'll be too tough.

I have also started looking at a family cycle trip from Belfast - Dublin - Holyhead - Chester - Birkenhead - Belfast with my wife (who has never cycled more than 22 miles in a day) and our 3 and 5 year old. I've been researching what is possible, what it safe, what is achievable then what trains there are and forever checking the ferries. My wife thinks it can't be done with 2 kids in a trailer but I'm determined and still working on it and still working on convincing her!

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I'm considering doing the Cardiff Roubaix, if there are still places left when I've made up my mind! I want to do my first 100 miler at some point this summer as well.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm down to ride LEL in July-August but there's a major risk I won't make it. Therefore I'm looking forward to the prep. rides I've set up:
  • This Saturday with my youngest - he's doing 100k getting used to tri-bars whilst I do a before-and-after ride to make it a round 200k
  • The GHS Memorial ride 100 in 8 on the 9th of April, I'll be riding with my 12yo
  • 300k Everybody Rides to Skeggy audax in April - complete that and I'm riding the
  • 400k Llanfair audax in May - finish Llanfair and I'm then riding
  • Hopefully a 600k 3 Coasts / E&W Coasts audax in June
If I can get through all those I'm heading to LEL. If not then I've booked time off work and I might do some little rides elsewhere.

PK99

Legendary Member
Any would be good!

Rehabbing my ACL.
Primary caring for D2 through her ACL rehab (10 days in)
And doing all domestic driving and shopping while Mrs PK rehabs a broken toe.
All rather get in the way!

I'm rapidly going stir crazy

Round and about in the Dales.

If, and it is a big If, fitness level is high enough I might wander to the Alps for a week in August.

Will Spin

Über Member
Just joined up with a friendly CTC (Cycling UK) group who do Wednesday rides. The meeting point for the start isn't very convenient from where I live, but it looks as if I can join up with the ride at the elevenses stop I most cases. Went out last week with them, glorious spring day, reasonable pace and beautiful Hants and Sussex scenery, looking forward to more.

Top Bottom