What cycling are you looking forward to in the coming months?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've had a few on the hit list for a while.
Calais - Hook as a longish weekend, possibly via Ypres.
Dieppe - Le Treport - Forges les Eaux and back to Dieppe on the Avenue Verte.
Or the biggie - tackling the Col de Mont Cenis on a Brompton. That would be a first for me of cycling up a road that I have skied down.

Apart from the rides @Supersuperleeds mentioned, hoping to ride to Chester, Norfolk and to Brighton from the East Midlands. All separate rides but should be good fun trips out!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got the Wiggle Vale Vélo (100 miles) in a couple of weeks and am looking at signing up for a few more - the Ripon Revolution or Yorkshire Tour both look promising.
Other than that it's a simple question of getting as much bike time in as I can as I try and regain last year's fitness.

Edit to add: just remembered that a mate is doing the ITU World Triathlon in Leeds in June and I've agreed to ride the cycle section with him a couple of weeks before the event as part of his prep. So there is that as well. ^_^

Last edited:

Jimidh

Veteran
I'm doing the Dirty User9609 at the end of April which I think I'm looking forward to!!

I done the Galloway Gallop Adventure Cross in September and enjoyed it but that was only 100k whereas it's double the distance in April. Sure it will be fine.

Hopefully going to get away somewhere sunny later on the year for a few days cycling.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I'd just like to get me leg over :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I have also started looking at a family cycle trip from Belfast - Dublin - Holyhead - Chester - Birkenhead - Belfast with my wife (who has never cycled more than 22 miles in a day) and our 3 and 5 year old. I've been researching what is possible, what it safe, what is achievable then what trains there are and forever checking the ferries. My wife thinks it can't be done with 2 kids in a trailer but I'm determined and still working on it and still working on convincing her!

Check the Llanfair 400 audax route - it'll do Holyhead to near Birkenhead on quiet roads / cycle paths for you: http://www.delphcyclist.info/Llanfair.html

gaz71

Über Member
My personal challenge is to ride from Teddington to Cobham.Although its not too far distance wise theres some biggish hills from Esher onwards and being just under 18st im not great with hills.Hopefully going to get a new lighter hybrid before long so that should make my journey slightly easier.By the way, any tips for conquering my fear of hills would be gratefully recieved.

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
A mini solo tour of south Holland and bits of north Belgium in early July. I'll be aiming for Breda where my wife will join me for a couple of days. I'll then head back via bonkers Baarle Nassau which I have always wanted to visit (lots of islands of Belgian territory within NL).

So the current plan is day 1 ride to Harwich, overnight ferry to the Hook, day 2 Hook to Willemstad, Day 3 Willemstad to Breda a couple of days there then day 6 Breda to Baarle Nassau, Day 7 Baarle Nassau to Hook of Holland Day 8 Harwich to Newmarket.

Not the most adventurous of tours but I'm really looking forward to it.

We'll be over in Athlone from the 14th, to sort the old fella's garden out before it gets too out of control and getting out and about on the bike, including the Greenway. ^_^

Top Bottom