What cycling are you looking forward to in the coming months?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
The previous mentioned ride by @Supersuperleeds To Lincoln in the company of @tallliman and my Birthday forum ride based around Market Bosworth in April . I also have a 105 mile sportive also in April from Rutland Water .A local charity ride in May 50 miles of Charnwood hills 2nd year doing this and a another charity ride in Sept the tour de Leicestershire 77 mile loop around Leicester also 2nd year . Hoping for better weather this year last year it rained non stop the whole day.
Also in the planning stages are some more 13 rider forum rides in June ,August, October. Market Harborough cafe meet hopefully June

I completed a beautiful circle around the new forest at the weekend, been looking forward to that for ages.Proper windy though

At the end of this month I have 3 days in Flanders, one for the sportive, one for a ride and one to watch the pros ascend the bergs.

May, I have a two day ride to Ypres and in august a two day ride to Bruges...thats northern France and belgium rinsed out for me.

In September I am putting early plans into a ride from Lagan in Scotland to inverarry, with a mate who rode the same route with me a few years ago as part of a bigger ride. View attachment 343444
New forest picture
Love the Forest. Grew up close to it. North Baddesley as a 'nipper' and Fordingbridge in my teens.

Last edited:
Stunning place to ride your bike - I would also reccomend riding round the balcony roads that go either way round from Alp D'Huez.
I'll probably sound like a bit of a wuss but I have a bit of a vertigo thing going on. The hours I have spent visualising on Streetview and watching videos of cyclists and motorcyclists on the balcony roads around Bourg d'Oisans and still it's uncertain if I could bring myself to ride them. I suppose that's part of the challenge.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My club's hilly 14 miler is this Sunday (though it's still listed as 17, which it used to be some years ago).
Then an impromptu 3-day tour with an old friend.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Last week in June off to the French Alps. Eight of us going. Mixed group of abilities from 'GC contenders' through 'mountain domestiques' to the 'grupetto'.I'm firmly in the latter category btw. Based in Bourg d'Oisans so plenty of options. As a first timer I will obviously want to do Alpe d'Huez which is handy because we are staying pretty much at the bottom of it. Also looking at the Lauteret out and back,Les Deux Alpes and Col d'Ornon. Well aware there are other routes so may explore them at the expense of some of these more well known climbs. I don't climb so well so I'm swapping to a compact chainrings with 11-32 out back. Can't wait!
Off to the same area first week of july.........also not the best climber, so im builder a super compact climber

39-26 front 11/32 in the rear, should get up anything on that

I'm up to 20 miles now, and have ridden through the winter, with some fun in the snow.
I'm hoping for a night ride tomorrow if the weather allows.
Hopefully I'll be back doing my 30 mile loops by summer.

Well after breaking my shoulder I am aiming at the Bournemouth Sportive in June - 100 miles as a target to show I am fit again.
It won't be the toughest - did the Haywards Heath Howler and Mont Ventoux last year, butit will be important step back, especially after this winter, which I have not found conducive to really gettin started again

What rides, challenges or tours have you got coming up over the next few months?

Anything you're looking forward to that you've been planning for a long while? Maybe just getting out and spending a day rolling steadily along in the lovely warm sunshine (it's coming, not long to wait now!)? ^_^ Maybe a tour or something adventurous that you've never tried before?
I'm planning to re-try a cycle from Plymouth to Tiverton. However this time I will leave clothing and things in Tiverton, to lighten the load I carry.

Lee gg

Booked on the fridge so far (that's where the family calendar sits) are: Tour d'Essex 100, Eroica Britannia, Ride London, Dunwich Dynamo, Velo Birmingham and London-Southend. In amongst that lot I keep meaning to try Southend to Minehead in 24 hours, to go visit my family. I mean, how hard can 225 miles be, right?:rolleyes:
I'm hoping to do all those essex/ London pru, too.

Tilley

Über Member
50 mile training ride through Patchway and Keynsham to check half of my charity ride route and get up to speed.

Trickedem

Guru
FNRTTC to Whitstable, Oasts and Coast 300km Audax around Kent and the Flemish Ride to the Kust from Brussels to Dunkirk, all in April. Bryan Chapman Memorial 600km in May. All leading up to LEL in July/August.

Top Bottom