What cycling are you looking forward to in the coming months?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Llandudno with Nicky and the CC crowd.

Shameless trolling, I just posted this to get some likes.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm looking forward to finish building my Pace SS rigid before the end of Summer, so I can get some all weather low maintenance laps of the Forest under my belt.

Whilst there's nothing especially exotic on my calendar location-wise I've got a few bits and bobs lined up that I'm really looking forward to:

My local club starts up its 40-mile hilly Wednesday night rides again this week, which should help get the legs up to speed for...

A weekend of riding in the environs of Durham & Consett with @Pale Rider in April; probably somewhere in the region of 100 miles in 2 days, weather permitting, to include the Lanchester Valley railway trail which looks and sounds delightful from what I've heard/read.

Another half-century-ish with @Julia9054 & @Pale Rider around Knaresborough and Pateley Bridge in May.

An annual Spring/Summer ride with friends, this year going from London to Brighton via the coast - Margate, Ditchling Beacon etc. Best part of 300 miles in 3 days, staying in B&Bs. Really looking forward to this one as it'll be new scenery to me all the way, there's a good chance of decent weather and it'll be the first real 'tour' I've done on my road bike carrying all my gear. I also get to stay with my best mate for a couple of days in Brighton at the end.

And then I'm planning to do this at some point in the summer -
http://www.cycleyorkshirewolds.com/route/
probably riding a century from Cottingham to Bempton, staying overnight in my parents' static caravan and then doing the 50-odd miles home the following day.

Like @si_c I'm also hopeful that another CC ride to Scarborough might be arranged for this summer/autumn as I couldn't make the date last year.

Good thread, thanks to the OP for starting.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Whilst there's nothing especially exotic on my calendar location-wise I've got a few bits and bobs lined up that I'm really looking forward to:

My local club starts up its 40-mile hilly Wednesday night rides again this week, which should help get the legs up to speed for...

A weekend of riding in the environs of Durham & Consett with @Pale Rider in April; probably somewhere in the region of 100 miles in 2 days, weather permitting, to include the Lanchester Valley railway trail which looks and sounds delightful from what I've heard/read.

Another half-century-ish with @Julia9054 & @Pale Rider around Knaresborough and Pateley Bridge in May.

An annual Spring/Summer ride with friends, this year going from London to Brighton via the coast - Margate, Ditchling Beacon etc. Best part of 300 miles in 3 days, staying in B&Bs. Really looking forward to this one as it'll be new scenery to me all the way, there's a good chance of decent weather and it'll be the first real 'tour' I've done on my road bike carrying all my gear. I also get to stay with my best mate for a couple of days in Brighton at the end.

And then I'm planning to do this at some point in the summer -
http://www.cycleyorkshirewolds.com/route/
probably riding a century from Cottingham to Bempton, staying overnight in my parents' static caravan and then doing the 50-odd miles home the following day.

Like @si_c I'm also hopeful that another CC ride to Scarborough might be arranged for this summer/autumn as I couldn't make the date last year.

Good thread, thanks to the OP for starting.

Cheers, @EasyPeez, it's nice to be part of something that's being looked forward to.

The two rides with you and @Julia9054 are also on my very much looking forward to list.

Mind, a couple of Julia's recently posted rides looked fairly swift to me so the pair of us will have to be, literally, up to speed for her one.

I also plan to do the York - Humber Bridge - York circuit - shamelessly nicked from here - with my brother and sister-in-law in May.

Another one that began formulation at the weekend is with my riding chum Steve.

He fancies what should be an easyish out and back century on the Northumberland coast.

Starting from Sunderland, I reckon the turnaround point will be Boulmer.

Fairly flat but a good chance of copping some headwind on the way back, which if nothing else shows I can always find something to complain about on a bicycle.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I'm looking forward to any cycling, broke my hip at start of January so still in the healing process. So far managed a few miles on the trainer and half a dozen miles on the MTB, but looking forward to get back on the road bike. Wanted to have a go at The 2017 Metric Century (100km) A Month Challenge this year, but that's a no-no now! Still there's always next year if I can stay away from breaking something!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Will be getting some rides in on all my three one week holidays this year. A week in the Dales, a week in the Belgian Ardennes and a week in NW Scotland. Plan to border hop into Wales as often as I can, too .... starting with a ride with @Banjo soon, taking in the Tumble, and hopefully a couple of joint club rides with Caerphilly CC. Hope to meet up with a few other Cyclechatters in various other parts of the country too.

Julia9054

Guru
Cheers, @EasyPeez, it's nice to be part of something that's being looked forward to.

The two rides with you and @Julia9054 are also on my very much looking forward to list.

Mind, a couple of Julia's recently posted rides looked fairly swift to me so the pair of us will have to be, literally, up to speed for her one.

I also plan to do the York - Humber Bridge - York circuit - shamelessly nicked from here - with my brother and sister-in-law in May.

Another one that began formulation at the weekend is with my riding chum Steve.

He fancies what should be an easyish out and back century on the Northumberland coast.

Starting from Sunderland, I reckon the turnaround point will be Boulmer.

Fairly flat but a good chance of copping some headwind on the way back, which if nothing else shows I can always find something to complain about on a bicycle.
Nah! The one I've got planned has hills in it which means I'll be back to being slow!

Top Bottom