What cycling are you looking forward to in the coming months?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
According to RideWithGPS, from Jan to Mar last year I rode 821 miles.
Same dates this year and I've amassed 163 miles. Jeeeeeeeez that's depressing.
I'm hoping the next few months are better.

Booked on the fridge so far (that's where the family calendar sits) are: Tour d'Essex 100, Eroica Britannia, Ride London, Dunwich Dynamo, Velo Birmingham and London-Southend. In amongst that lot I keep meaning to try Southend to Minehead in 24 hours, to go visit my family. I mean, how hard can 225 miles be, right?:rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nothing exciting this year. The last few years i've done loads of 50 mile runs, quite a few 75 milers and a 104 mile run. I 'm going to treat this year as a rest year. I'll be happy with averaging 50 miles a week. About 8 years ago i did only 11 miles in one year. Then the following year i did nearly 5000 miles.

RobinS

Veteran
Late April MrsS and I are planning ferry to Calais, ride through France, to Italy (either across the alps or round via Nice depending on weather), down the coast of Italy to Bari, ferry to Durres in Albania, then home via Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands and ferry from Hook to Harwich. Thinking of four months or so as we don't like to rush. (Well we will set off with that plan - it might change completely as we go along!)

U

User169

A ride to Antwerp in a couple of weeks to catch the start of Tour of Flanders. First 300km audax the week after - starts in NL, but I think most of it's in Germany. Then the Dirty User9609 which promises to be a long day.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Definitely want to reach my goal of riding my first ever metric half century by the summer and then ride them regularly.
See you in the Half Century Challenge thread next year then? :okay:

Doing the Avon Cycleway is still on my plan - mainly because the route goes within a couple of miles of my house so it seems daft that I've lived here nearly 5 years and still haven't done it.

In a local free paper I noticed that Cirencester is having a mad hares month (it's called cirencesterhares or something). One of those things where people or groups decorate large models of hares (in the past Bristol have done gorillas and Grommits), and they are put in villages, pub entrances etc. Once the map with the locations is out I will try to plan some rides to get piccies of some of them. Some will be quite close to home, a couple could be the target of an imperial century.

Last week in June off to the French Alps. Eight of us going. Mixed group of abilities from 'GC contenders' through 'mountain domestiques' to the 'grupetto'.I'm firmly in the latter category btw. Based in Bourg d'Oisans so plenty of options. As a first timer I will obviously want to do Alpe d'Huez which is handy because we are staying pretty much at the bottom of it. Also looking at the Lauteret out and back,Les Deux Alpes and Col d'Ornon. Well aware there are other routes so may explore them at the expense of some of these more well known climbs. I don't climb so well so I'm swapping to a compact chainrings with 11-32 out back. Can't wait!

steverob

Guru
In terms of organised rides, I'm off to New York in May and doing the Five Boro Bike Tour while I'm there, then have the Tour of Cambridgeshire in June (hoping for a friendlier wind than last year), plus a couple of local sportives that I usually enter most years (Ride Chartridge & Tour de Vale) but haven't officially committed to yet - will probably leave that until nearer the dates.

Other than that, I've got a whole bunch of rides that I would like to do already queued up on my Strava Route Builder, all between 50 and 75 miles in various directions from Aylesbury, and am just waiting for a weekend where I feel particularly energetic and the weather conditions look like they are going to co-operate. Should hopefully be able to get them all done by the summer.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Just at the moment, my ambition is to find something I can ride.

All being well, I'll be exploring a new Horizon tomorrow.

Jimidh

Veteran
Last week in June off to the French Alps. Eight of us going. Mixed group of abilities from 'GC contenders' through 'mountain domestiques' to the 'grupetto'.I'm firmly in the latter category btw. Based in Bourg d'Oisans so plenty of options. As a first timer I will obviously want to do Alpe d'Huez which is handy because we are staying pretty much at the bottom of it. Also looking at the Lauteret out and back,Les Deux Alpes and Col d'Ornon. Well aware there are other routes so may explore them at the expense of some of these more well known climbs. I don't climb so well so I'm swapping to a compact chainrings with 11-32 out back. Can't wait!
Stunning place to ride your bike - I would also reccomend riding round the balcony roads that go either way round from Alp D'Huez.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I completed a beautiful circle around the new forest at the weekend, been looking forward to that for ages.Proper windy though

At the end of this month I have 3 days in Flanders, one for the sportive, one for a ride and one to watch the pros ascend the bergs.

May, I have a two day ride to Ypres and in august a two day ride to Bruges...thats northern France and belgium rinsed out for me.

In September I am putting early plans into a ride from Lagan in Scotland to inverarry, with a mate who rode the same route with me a few years ago as part of a bigger ride.

FB_20170319_21_35_56_Saved_Picture.jpg

New forest picture

Last edited:
Top Bottom