What cycling are you looking forward to in the coming months?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
What rides, challenges or tours have you got coming up over the next few months?

Anything you're looking forward to that you've been planning for a long while? Maybe just getting out and spending a day rolling steadily along in the lovely warm sunshine (it's coming, not long to wait now!)? ^_^ Maybe a tour or something adventurous that you've never tried before?

1. March: Cycling 100km to the coast tomorrow.

2. April: 90km route in Provence, looking for some routes in Valencia and Bordeaux also.

3. May: Ironman 70.3 Pays D'Aix

4. June: Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire

5. July: Ironman UK

Oh and several 4 and 5 hour turbo sessions(!)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Have got some nice rides planned of which I'm especially looking forward to.
Next month is the Oasts and Coasts 300km Audax. A really great route which basically follows the boundary and coast of Kent.
Also next month is the FNRttK. An over night ride from Brussels to Ostend, then on to Dunkirk.
July is our now annual Doncaster to home night ride of 220miles.
August we have planned Cardiff to home night ride which is 180 miles.
End of August. Fly to Geneva, then cycle home through France, over a week.

So, some nice leg stretchers there.

I'm doing the Isle of Wight Randonnee at the end of April, the Ride London, and the Velo Birmingham this year. I imagine I'll get caught up in several chopper fests, whilst out on my rides, there tends to be a lot of them using routes I ride on round here.

si_c

Guru
Waiting for my shoulder to heal up so I can get on the bike at all, I've done less than half the mileage this year I'd planned at this point. After that, looking forward to @nickyboys Llandudno ride, and possibly the Scarborough one if he decides to run it again.

Aside from that I'd like to do a couple of 200km rides this year, hoping to ride Whitby to Liverpool in June as Mrs C and I are there for a long weekend, and I'd quite like to ride back.

^ As per Si_C, the Llandudno ride, well more the survivors pint afterwards. I've got a few fully formed and a few half formed ideas but I haven't really firmed up in my head when I'm doing them, probably after the Llandudno ride as I'm not really doing longer rides yet.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'm suffering from a lack of winter miles. Rode the Exeter Mad March 200 yesterday, which seemed harder than it should be.

So I have to get fit for the Bryan Chapman 600 in May (plus, of course a 300 and 400 sometime or other), then I can relax and chug off to the Semaine Federale end of July.

But nothing epic this year.

OP
OP
Bimble

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
@Ian H? Nothing epic :eek: you must be scary fit!! :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If we have a decent summer this year and I get fit enough then I hope to have a busy cycling week in June.

I will warm up for it by doing my annual 200 km forum ride in Cheshire and will follow that up a week or so later with a ride from West Yorkshire to Coventry via lots of tough hills in the northern half of the route. It is about 225 kms with several thousand metres of climbing. That is to my older sister's house.

My younger sister will by then have moved to her new home in Leighton Buzzard and is having a house-warming party so I will cycle down there from Coventry after a day to rest. That is a 100 km ride.

I'll stop there another day then ride back to Coventry, so another 100 kms.

Another day of rest and then I hope to ride back to Yorkshire by a slightly different route to the one I went down on, but it will be about the same distance and just as hilly in the north.

In total it should be about 650 kms of riding including probably 7,000 + metres of climbing. I'll get the mapping software to work on it later to come up with a better estimate.

I took the precaution of leaving a couple of changes of clothes, a toothbrush etc. on the visit that I have just returned from. It means that I will not have to carry any non-cycling stuff with me when I ride down.

I have probably jinxed England from Leighton Buzzard to Todmorden now ... It will probably be the coldest, wettest and windiest June on record, causing me to call off the trip!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have failed in my applications for LEL and TCR My plan now is to ride down to Belgium from Denmark and watch the start of the TCR and then to go touring with Jannie after that. That is unless my application as a volunteer in the TCR is accepted and then I dont know where I will be.

Top Bottom