What did you eat for breakfast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I like the taste of meat but don't like the ethics behind it. That's the explanation.
In that case, best not try the vegan sausage roll from Greggs.
First bite : nom. 2nd bite:hang on a sec... 3rd bit:ewwww 4th bite:there was no 4th bite

Or to put a different way, it has the weirdest after-taste.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Had numerous vegan Greggs sausage rolls
Glad someone likes them!

To be fair I am an omnivore, not really the target market for vegan food.
I'd like to eat less animal products, but vegan food that tries to mirror meat doesn't quite hit the spot flavour-wise, sometimes texture-wise, and is often far more processed than I'd like. Prefer simpler foods.

MntnMan62

Über Member
On holiday mornings such as Thanksgiving and Christmas my wife likes to make what she calls "overnight french toast". She takes french bread baguette and slices it up. She puts butter on the bottom and lines a pyrex cooking dish with the bread pieces. Then she pours an egg batter over the top and lets it sit overnight. Then in the morning she pops it in the oven until it is nicely browned. Add some maple syrup and it's a delicious breakfast. I had two pieces along with some coffee and OJ.

On holiday mornings such as Thanksgiving and Christmas my wife likes to make what she calls "overnight french toast". She takes french bread baguette and slices it up. She puts butter on the bottom and lines a pyrex cooking dish with the bread pieces. Then she pours an egg batter over the top and lets it sit overnight. Then in the morning she pops it in the oven until it is nicely browned. Add some maple syrup and it's a delicious breakfast. I had two pieces along with some coffee and OJ.

Ah. Bread and butter pudding.

Try adding some sugar and sultanas into the batter, and it becomes a thing of beauty. Or spread the bread with marmalade as well as butter and add a splooshette of orange flower water. :hungry:

I'm normally not a breakfast person, so usually just a large mug of peppermint tea. Sometimes a croissant might join the tea.

Although if I'm out all day (for whatever reason) then I'll have a large bowl of porridge, as I know I'll be on my feet a lot. Or on the bike a lot.

We don't eat meat and the entire Linda McCartney range is terrible in our opinion. xx(

I'm not fussy with my food and will quite happily eat anything, but I've yet to find a Linda McCartney product that I haven't taken two bites from and pitched the rest. Plus it's ridiculously expensive.

If I cook vegetarian or vegan, then I prefer to do so from scratch. So much nicer.

Top Bottom