What did you use your car for today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
28 miles, work and back. Dropped into 88yo mums to make sure she's ok...which she is.
Across town to see the grandkids, both have a virus, their mums not well, g/s has just got conjunctivitis so volunteered to go get some eye drops for him.
On the way home, dropped into Dunelm to get some net curtain rod mounts. Nets are now re mounted.
Probably 45 miles total today.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Took the dogs round to Dad's to make sure they got on with the other one that lives with him. First time the van has been used in ages.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Van, work,screwfix,QD for plants and some wood,drove home, then went and posred and collected my parcel.
Was chilly today and spent most of the day outside ,to hot inside the care home!!

Levo-Lon

Guru
After reading @Drago 's post about him using the car as little as possible in his new-found role as an eco-warrior, I went for a 250 mile pointless drive just to even things up a bit :okay:.

:eek:You naughty little Anti eco warrior you:laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I think there is a time to use the car and a time to use the bike.

Indeed. Any situation where I'm expected to be presentable, gets a car journey. It's hilly round here and even a short trip can have me sweating buckets.

vickster

Legendary Member
Drove to work, drove to Christmas party (each around 10 miles round trip). Did 6 miles on bike mid afternoon (v cold hands and feet!). It's freezing out there, so I'll be driving to work in the morning too as there'll be frost

We did a pleasure drive over the Honister Pass, doffed my cap and stopped to let an ascending cyclist have more room just near the top at the finish of a west to east cycle. Looked brutal for him.

Stephenite

Membå
Would rather have not used the car today, but...

Significant other, child 1 (sick), and myself were transported the one mile to the kindergarten to see some daft winter spectacle child 2 was partaking in. Typical parking scenario where forty cars (the vast majority have come by foot, thankfully) are trying to fit into too small a space. The snow is compacted to about two foot high in places. Ten minutes of argy-bargying and it's safe to disembark. Exchange conciliatory words with other drivers. We see our darling little three-year-old angels dressed in white sing something in a foreign language - beautiful. Everyone rushes off. Not us, we are last out. But, then we drive to the shop...

Freds Dad

Veteran
I haven't driven my car since early October but yesterday I went out with SWMBO to John Lewis in her car to look at things we may need. The upside was the free coffee and cake that they give us via a voucher 4 times a year.

Top Bottom