What did you use your car for today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
I was a passenger in my wife's car for a short trip to some shops.
I'm glad I opted out of car owning some time ago and we both agreed that her car was not to become our car.

subaqua

What’s the point
Bringing the wife home from the hospital after her lumpectomy , really glad we didn’t have to come home by Public transport. She went there by bus though.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Too icy to cycle to work this morning and I couldn't be arsed to scrape the car so I just walked. The traffic and fumes were worse on the way home.

Having seen a forecast for yellow ice and orange snow tomorrow I brought forward tomorrow's planned Christmas tree purchase. Fired up and thawed out the big car for a five mile round trip to collect an 8 foot freshly cut spruce.

Jimidh

Veteran
Normally I ride my bike to work on a Saturday morning but due to the heavy snow that’s forecast for later this morning in our area the car will be used today.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Went down to our local garage to inspect work being done on my motorhome, bought some dried herbs and stopped at the library as librarian emailed that “ The cyclist who went out in the cold” had finally turned up. Requested in February so central library retaliated by sending the only copy they had on long term loan to Colonsay. Too windy to cycle and could hardly stand up far less walk anywhere.

Went to the gym, just over half a mile from my house.

I know, I know. But my excuse is it was absolutely hissing down and cold and I couldn't face the thought of walking home in it afterwards.

I usually walk it, or cycle if in a hurry.

Nothing its raining so I try to avoid getting it wet at any cost, I love it in the garage all clean, and hate cleaning it so avoid getting it dirty as much as I can!
Strange I know but, its 13 years old and looks almost as good as when I bought it brand new. as our daughter has moved back to where we live and my mum died, the 2 long journeys it was used for have now ceased. Its becoming more difficult to justify having one, but it only does about 2,000 miles per year, and that is always going down, so I dunno what will happen.

Drago

Legendary Member
today I rested a cup of tea on the roof while ferreting around in the garage for a tape measure.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A 450 mile round trip in the horrendous weather we've had today to collect this for my 14yo:

s-l1600.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Driving my daughter somewhere as she, sensibly, didn't want to drive as she didn't finish her work Christmas do/p*ss up until 03:00 (hic) :hugs:

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Ferrying kids around. There was one time when we could have used bikes but with the cold, and the kids later to be covered with mud, that's a bit impractical, so the car came out again .

Some shopping: could have walked but would take too long as someone was waiting. Could have used the bike, but would need to get it out, get the panniers and so on. Thereforejust used the car. Parking was fine .

Took large object to charity store which I just wouldn't be able to do on bike because it would take too long and also object is too large).

OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Did NOT use the car but how I wish I did. Went Xmas shopping and had two bag to bring home on the train then a walk, in the dark, in potholes sidewalks with bits of mud and fallen leaves, the stupid subway bouncing around from left to right, shaking me about .What an unpleasant experience.

I don't tbink I'll go shopping again without the car.

And forget going on the bike with those large items even if it wasn't raining.

Top Bottom