What DIY equipment have you bought lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just come back from Lidle where my wife sent me to get some Golden Syrup and came back with a cordless jigsaw for £39.99 as well, 20 V lithium-ion battery. Already have 3 jigsaws but all with cord so they may become redundant or just spares.

Oxo

Guru
Did you go back for the Golden Syrup?

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
I’m on the market for a scarifier and a garden shredder...B&q or Homebase probably

Oh and a functional wooden wheelbarrow if I can find one

vickster

Legendary Member
DIY? :laugh: :rofl::laugh::rofl:

Post mix concrete to “plant” our new washing rotary dryer (whirley) and a spirit level to make sure it was even.
Worked out fine, not a bad job :ohmy:
Happy days :smile:
I used an old car alloy wheel (it had been curbed and had a fair old wobble on it) filled with concrete, with a hole in centre for the dryer. Result - the worlds first Alfa Romeo portable(ish) washing line.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A whole load of ultra-cheap router bits from Toolstation. Surprisingly good for the price. Also a couple of budget packs of long series HSS drill bits. They are not particularly straight but they're perfectly OK for drilling deep holes in timber. Small diameter long series bits tend to get broken quite easily so I don't see the point in buying high spec ones for site work.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Not tools but decorating our DILs kitchen diner today so Wickes for some more matt white for the ceiling. Mine was running low, guess what, I didn't need the new stuff, just just managed with mine.
2 cans of Leyland yellow silk. Only needed one.:wacko: It's possibly some of the best paint I've ever used and well priced at £9.99 for 2.5 ltr at our local QD Store.

9 inch roller set from Wickes after mine finally gave way after years of service. £5 for a tray and 2 good rollers, not those puny thin things.

A piece of plasterboard for another day to patch the wall where the boiler was. Her landlord is a t0sser and has made some horrendous quality attempts at keeping costs down. He fitted a new boiler upstairs and has failed to repair the wall where the old one was. Mind, the house has seen some abuse from more than him...youngsters partying etc...very poor attempts at previous decorating, no idea at all. Walls are in a terrible state even after I've painted them, wouldn't do for me but....what can you do ? :whistle:

keithmac

Guru
I bought one of these a while ago from Lidl, wasn't expecting much from it but it's been an absolute godsend for all sorts of jobs!.

Haven't treated it with much care but it's handled everything I've thrown at it.

Very handy indeed!.

6a4fe1d6e430aa6bd01106bd1b5a8ca6.jpg

Top Bottom