What DIY equipment have you bought lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Best DIY thingy Ive recently hired is a decorator. He has done 2 rooms and will shortly be doing the 3rd.
Meanwhile I have enjoyed the golf and footy on TV ^_^ (smug smile)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
This :

Had their fantastic track saw for a while and this smaller Kapex mitre saw seemed almost a bargain compared to the large Kapex saw at a grand. Not fired it up yet

Attachments

• 20180402_104817.jpg
    20180402_104817.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 5200880, member: 259"]It looks like a proper Man Tool! But what is it?[/QUOTE]
it's one of those multi use thingamajigs... obviously!

keithmac

Guru
[QUOTE 5200880, member: 259"]It looks like a proper Man Tool! But what is it?[/QUOTE]

It's actally called a multi-tool iirc, you get different blades depending on what you're cutting (or scraping).

The blades only move a couple of mm but at high speed, you can cut wood etc in very hard to reach places where a saw would be impractical.

Used it again yesterday when finishing the loft.

Screenshot_20180402-132544_eBay.jpg

keithmac

Guru
Think this is my favourite tool of all, always ready to go out of the box, fair few years old now but still going strong!.

20170825_193323.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It's actally called a multi-tool iirc, you get different blades depending on what you're cutting (or scraping).

The blades only move a couple of mm but at high speed, you can cut wood etc in very hard to reach places where a saw would be impractical.

Used it again yesterday when finishing the loft.

View attachment 402677

Those multi/oscillating tools are very very useful. Mine's a Fein and it doubles up as an excellent detail sander as well as the sawing. Often novelty gadgets are useless but these are great.

Top Bottom