What DIY equipment have you bought lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Borrowed one of these from Father In Law on Wednesday.

Made easy work of fitting a 64mm door latch, 18mm hole first then squared it out in 5 mins!.

I did the other 7 by hand with a chisel years ago, what a ball ache!.

$_86.jpg

These.......unfortunately.. 31BuSPRsf8L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
The perils of doing an exhibition of power tools :blush:

Just bought this bad boy, the best jigsaw I've ever seen.

20180407_122205.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My next project involves cutting a number of mortises with my trusty little router. I've been playing with templates recently, and looking online there's a number of ways to cut mortises and this appears to be the simplest...

LEAD-self-centering-main.jpg

...but the instructions stressed how important it is to line up the pin holes and the cutter perfectly, otherwise the mortise won't be centred. However, the base of my router has four screws holding the base-plate in place, two of which are already centred to the cutter... one pack of 150 m4 machine screws from the pound shop and two of these strap buttons that i had knocking about...

31EEa6z%2BuCL._SX355_.jpg

...which just happen to have 4mm holes, and I've got my self centering router guide without the need for any cutting, measuring, drilling or head scratching, for less than tuppence.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
40 posts ! Did you get the contract for the Mexican border.
Payment will be in pesos presumably?

keithmac

Guru
[QUOTE 5218589, member: 259"]Those things are great fun until you try it when the gound's really hard. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try and get it all done before the garden dries up fully!.

It's in the kitchen now waiting for me to put it together..

Going to get some decent quailty 2 stroke oil from work tomorrow for the premix petrol.

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5218589, member: 259"]Those things are great fun until you try it when the gound's really hard. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Or you hit a tree root^_^

keithmac

Guru
Yep, it's either going to be the best thing since slices bread or a disaster!.

Time will tell, I'll post a few action shots!.

Top Bottom