What DIY equipment have you bought lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Interesting idea, but a very long shot. Happy to buy one from a shop/online.

screenman

Legendary Member
2 x 240v staple guns £3 each
2 x pack of 5 assorted files £3 a pack.

Very handy having a Lidl bargain basement shop, people were buying 40 staple guns at a time.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
£3 is incredible but this is a staple gun -

20180426_210003.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
One of my work colleagues mentioned he'd bought a bandsaw over the weekend. I had this image of a small or medium sized thing for making dolls' houses and what not. Turned out it was a thing driven off a tractor pto to turn tree trunks into planks. He nearly cut his arm off with it on another occasion when he accidentally nudged the power feed lever - it just grazed the back of his arm and he got away with it, but on his own in the forest that would not have ended well
My ex was a teacher at an 'all girl' school, she was the 'head of textile technology' (needlework teacher) one day a guy who was the 'head of hard material technology' (woodwork/metalwork teacher) was cutting out some plywood shapes on a benchtop bandsaw watched by 20 or so girls and had just explained how dangerous the saw was when he slipped and cut off 3 finger ends. Apparently the girls were very good about it, stopping the bleeding with the first aid kit and putting him in the 'recovery position' after he'd fainted then fetching the school nurse to take him to A&E.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
My ex was a teacher at an 'all girl' school, she was the 'head of textile technology' (needlework teacher) one day a guy who was the 'head of hard material technology' (woodwork/metalwork teacher) was cutting out some plywood shapes on a benchtop bandsaw watched by 20 or so girls and had just explained how dangerous the saw was when he slipped and cut off 3 finger ends. Apparently the girls were very good about it, stopping the bleeding with the first aid kit and putting him in the 'recovery position' after he'd fainted then fetching the school nurse to take him to A&E.

Grim. I did some tree-work for a guy who had lost his arm right up to the shoulder. He was working up at the local wood mill and still on his machine at tea break. One of his workmates playfully shoved him resulting in his horrific accident. He did get a decent payout. Enough to secure a little house. And now he is a manager at a large supermarket. Most people would sign on, so its testament to his good character.

Top Bottom