What do we want from our bicycles ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Well it just goes to illustrate what passes for french "logic" and to be honest l am not sure if there is a French word that is a direct equivalent of the English meaning of logic. Sooner or later l will write a thesis on the twisted vision of reality that French drivers have regarding which side of the road they should be on at any given time in their journey :wacko:

wonderdog

What do we want from our bicycles ?

Good question and my answers are
  1. i want a reliable machine or two for my daily commutes
  2. i want a couple of wet weather equipped bikes for pleasure rides
  3. i want a couple of retro road bikes for those drier days
  4. i want a spare bike or two that can multi task themselves into any of the above positions .
Much thinking going on here. I have three bikes - a much loved, much modified Viscount Aerospace Pro which is the lightest of them all and rolls like a demon; a great ride that fits me as well as any custom made frame: Carlton Cobra because everyone should have an all-chrome something: a Carlton Giro, original to the point of craziness ... still not sure about the metallic mauve, though I'm sure Spokesmann will set me straight on what the proper name is for the colour. Dream bike is a Flying Scot hanging from a pal's ceiling as a work of art and which I hope to talk him out of one day. All three are comfortable ... Carlton knew how to build machines that ate up the miles with great rider comfort ... so I tend to ride whatever takes my limited fancy on any given day.

wonderdog

Well it just goes to illustrate what passes for french "logic" and to be honest l am not sure if there is a French word that is a direct equivalent of the English meaning of logic. Sooner or later l will write a thesis on the twisted vision of reality that French drivers have regarding which side of the road they should be on at any given time in their journey :wacko:
Sideways in a Peugeot 203 yelling "sacre bleu!"

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Not sure that this is the way to win friends and influence people ... least of all beloveds with a seriously agile mind and turn of phrase.

It might be advisable to phrase it a bit more diplomatically if within striking distance, but the sentiment is correct. I know several blokes whose ladies are not overly enthused by their "boys toys" hobbies (mostly involving various things fitted with engines), but such interests do keep blokes out of mischief, and their women always know where to find them.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5543334, member: 9609"]Am I the only person on CC that just has one bike and has zero interest in ever having another - I'm hoping mine will see me out.

and here she is the day up in the clear fell
View attachment 453709
Jedburgh 14 Newcastleton 12
(sounds like a rugby score, rare win for Jed)[/QUOTE]
Nope, I have just the one and no intention of getting any more. Aluminium, which I like and set up how I want it. Any money spent will be on upgrades, not more bikes.

Each to their own, however.

Top Bottom