What do you call a person on a bike thats, well not a "cyclist"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
However, the one thing that they have in common - it's always MEN - ! :cursing:
Maybe you're riding through unusual bits of Norwich, or there's something else going on. I've seen women riding through reds too and wouldn't like to opine on the relative frequencies without doing a proper count.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Round here, during commuting hours at least, most of the cyclists on the road obey the lights. The ones who don't are mostly riding on the pavement, and presumably think that since they never wait for lights on foot, they don't have to on a bike either.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Round here, during commuting hours at least, most of the cyclists on the road obey the lights. The ones who don't are mostly riding on the pavement, and presumably think that since they never wait for lights on foot, they don't have to on a bike either.
Actually, if any of those pavements are cycleways rather than footways and the red lights are toucans or puffins, those red lights are advisory (give way). Norfolk are actually very poor at setting crossing timings so disadvantageously for cycling and refusing to improve them that you pretty much have to ride through advisory reds to go faster than 100m/minute (about 3mph IIRC) through some junction complexes. I feel this encourages riding through compulsory carriageway red lights but I think that's not a popular view on this forum.

Top Bottom