What do you carry in your jersey pockets

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by wisdom, 15 Aug 2012.

1. wisdom

wisdom Veteran

What do people carry in their jersey rear pockets.
    I guess you could carry a tube etc for a good mornings cycle ride it saves carrying bags bigger than a seat bag

2. gavintc

gavintc Guru

A little pouch with phone, some money, a credit card in one pocket. And in another pocket, at this time of year, some arm warmers and probably a gilet. If I am doing a longer ride possibly an energy bar.

In the bag under the seat; 2 x spare tubes, 2 levers, multi tool, and some patches/glue.

vixsticx likes this.
  3. Drago

Drago Guru

Phone, spare tube, levers, multi tool, minimal 1st aid kit.

4. PpPete

PpPete Guru

jelly babies

gaz and dave r like this.
  5. boybiker

boybiker Über Member

Food normally ^_^

Drago likes this.
  6. nickprior

nickprior Über Member

I carry the garage door key and a pair of reading glasses in my jersey.
    But I also take a small seat bag containing: 2 inner tubes, 1 repair kit, 1 small phone, keys, money, 3 tyre levers, light bike lock, Garmin GPS, and sometimes a light waterproof jacket. Pump sits on the frame.
    Does me for rides from 1 hour to 8+ hours. I suppose I could put everything in my jersey but I hate the thought of falling off onto things in the small of my back.

7. jim55

jim55 Über Member

and what about a way of reinflating tubes guys ,pump strapped to the bike?

Drago likes this.
  8. raindog

raindog er.....

Spare tube, puncture repair kit in an old Dunlop box, three tyre levers, two allen keys, house keys, piece of cake. :smile:

9. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

On the right-hand rear side I carry pre-rolled cigarettes in an Austrian pre-war cigarette case-cum-lighter, but as the lighter fuel evaporates very quickly I carry a gas lighter as well. I think I may be the only one....

Drago likes this.
  10. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

+1 to this

11. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

Out on a Sunday ride, I have a waterproof jacket, my glasses and a small wallet with a £10 note my bank card plus front door and bike lock keys in my jersey pockets, in my saddle bag I have a small tool kit, spare tube, lock and phone. When commuting I'm in ordinary clothes and carry the normal stuff in my pockets that we all do.

12. marzjennings

marzjennings Veteran

Usually phone, ipod and garage door opener in the left pocket, food and wallet in the middle pocket, spare tube and ss spanner in the right pocket.

Pump, patches, another tube and tools in the saddle bag.

13. swede54

swede54 Well-Known Member

Only things I wouldn't mind landing on in an accident, so just food. Everything else goes in a saddle pack.

14. A fiver,a reflective vest,if i'm not going to get home before sunset,dark and clear eye protection,a pen and paper,a cap,a disposable glove, a phone, and a handkerchief.

15. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

Yes. A friend went over the bars of his MTB earlier this year and went airbourne for 270 degrees. He landed flat on his back. The rigid plastic lunchbox in the back of his jersey did a couple of his vertebrae no favours at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice