What do you do on your turbo trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I finally bought myself a turbo trainer yesterday, and I'm looking for advice about what sort of sessions to do on it. I can't do Sufferfest videos and the like, because it's in the garage and I've no electricity in there.

So, what do you get up to in your 'pain cave'?

Kies

Which make & model did you buy,how much was it?

djb1971

Legendary Member
iPod, full volume, hard and fast music!

I find the turbo soul destroying so I haven't been on it for two years, buy ice tyres then you've got no excuse to stay in! No weather stops me these days!!

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
iPod, full volume, hard and fast music!

I find the turbo soul destroying so I haven't been on it for two years, buy ice tyres then you've got no excuse to stay in! No weather stops me these days!!

You can't really go out and get a proper training ride in when it's snowing, whatever your tyres. Plus, I'm planning to use the turbo for sessions all year round, not just to avoid bad weather.

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
It's more fun than staring at a concrete wall!

True, but as I say, I'm not using it for fun, I'm using it to get fitter. That's why I'm asking for advice about what sessions to do on it. I've no intention of spinning aimlessly on the trainer for hours at a time, believe me.

djb1971

Legendary Member

This is what you asked, I did reply a with a sensible suggestion for someone with no electricity to use an iPod. That's what I did in my garage, just pick the right music and you're good to go. Pick the music to adjust your pace.

djb1971

Legendary Member
You could also download something onto a laptop or iPad to use.

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
This is what you asked, I did reply a with a sensible suggestion for someone with no electricity to use an iPod. That's what I did in my garage, just pick the right music and you're good to go. Pick the music to adjust your pace.

I'll definitely use an iPod. I'm just looking for some advice about training sessions. Intervals and whatnot.

I finally bought myself a turbo trainer yesterday, and I'm looking for advice about what sort of sessions to do on it. I can't do Sufferfest videos and the like, because it's in the garage and I've no electricity in there.

You are in Newcastle area I believe?

Why not pop along here:

http://www.thecyclehub.org/ai1ec_event/turbo-sessions-at-the-hub/?instance_id=7552

Do a few sessions, get some ideas. Just a thought, not sure where you are based.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
I just bought that same turbo.

+1 for ipod, been through all my albums, onto the podcasts now.

Thinking I might make some sort of interval session up when I get really bored.

Top Bottom